Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tamarind Hills(Saint Mary's)
  • Breakfast included
COCOS Hotel Antigua(Jolly Harbour)
View Hotel
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Curtain Bluff Resort(Saint Mary's)
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
View Hotel
Carlisle Bay Antigua(Saint Mary's)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast and lunchoutdoor showerplunge poolour honeymoonfishevery mealmain buildingwarm seacatch of the dayrelaxing holidaysun loungersfellow gueststhe cottagesrum punchtotal relaxationwahoost johns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed for 10 nights in cottage. Was probably the most relaxing holiday we have ever had. Food was fabulous and service great, all the staff were so welcoming and made us feel at home. Beautiful beach with great swimming. Accomodation was carribean rustic, providing everything you need for a comfortable stay. Loved the outdoor shower and the sitting out area. Champagne on the last night was a lovely surprise. Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Cottage was lovely and roomy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Elaine L
KeyonnaBeach, Owner at Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Elaine

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I don't believe there is any resort on Earth where I would have rather spent my honeymoon. You can walk right into the clear Caribbean Sea, have top-quality cocktails, dine on some of the best fresh food you'll ever eat, and enjoy your own private cottage with a pool and outdoor shower. It wasn't even too hot! End of May was a great time of year. I've read reviews that the staff aren't always "friendly", but they have a formal culture, and if you take the time to talk to the staff, they were all truly kind and helpful, and enjoy making your stay as special as possible. I hope I can return a few more times before the rest of the world figures out this place is here.

Room Tip: Go for the cottage with plunge pool! Regular rooms are great, just smaller and part of the main building so less private. There actually is not a fitness center, I can't figure out how to uncheck that one : )
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Matt F

Dear Matt

Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you home for your first year anniversary!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here mid May 2014, the weather was almost perfect with a short rain shower one afternoon and one evening where it rained all night, rest of the time baking hot with a strong cooling trade wind.

Welcomed on arrival with a cool drink, whilst we signed in our cases were taken to our room, number 24, superior first floor room. Yes this room is above the kitchen but that did not bother us in the slightest. Staff could be heard arriving in the morning but I was already awake and leaving in the evening, about 10.30pm. The room had a simple Caribbean feel about it, wooden furniture and tiled floors, not shiny or glitzy, exactly what we were expecting. Facilities included Coffee Machine, Kettle, daily restocked Mini Fridge, Safe and Air-conditioning, everything you could want. Maid service every day. The view of the beach and ocean from our balcony was FANTASTIC.

Breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea were served on the outdoor deck/dining area, dinner was undercover but still very open, lovey atmosphere in both areas, very relaxed and informal. The foods was generally very good, I had fish most lunchtimes and evening, local catch of the day, very fresh and tasty. My partner is more of a meat eater and recommends the burgers and steak. A couple of mix ups with the food orders during our stay but sorted quickly and no big deal. Bottle water is readily available in your room, from the bar anytime and with meals. Juices, Beer, Cocktails, Mixers, Sprits and Wine by the glass were also available.

Planed to several trips whilst we were in Antigua but the sea was so inviting and we enjoyed relaxing on the Bali beds on the beach so much we hardly went anywhere. Walked over the headland to the next bay, caught the bus the Jolly Harbour and went on a trip via our rep Jason to Shirley Heights with JJ.

All the staff were brilliant, I'm going to avoid naming them as I wouldn't want to miss anyone out, the lady who cleaned our room, the waiting and bar staff, the ladies on reception, beach butlers, catering staff and gardeners everyone was friendly and polite.

In short we have found our prefect match in Keyonna Beach and will be booking again in the next few days to come back in October, room number 24 again please, see you soon.

Paradise found, we will be back.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you cant afford a cottage, the rooms in the main building are great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
12  Thank DerbyshireRedcat

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you vistiing again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you are looking for a place that combines luxury with that authentic Caribbean ambiance, this is the place to stay! My mom and I spent 5 days at the Keyonna Beach Resort and we had a wonderful time. This was the first time either of us had been to the Caribbean and the incredible hospitality of the staff has made certain it won't be our last!

Keyonna Beach is mainly a "couples" resort but if you are a solo traveler, I would not shy away from here. I originally planned the trip when I was a "couple" but when that didn't pan out, I took my mom on the trip and we had a great time and I didn't feel out of place at all. The staff was so wonderful, making sure we had everything we needed and even went so far as to find us a reasonably priced private snorkeling excursion because the tour company I originally wanted didn't have a snorkeling trip going out that day.

The food in this all-inclusive resort was great. Dinners were amazing and very filling, lunch meals were more like dinner entrees and very, very good. Breakfast was just ok but even though the chef can't cook an over easy egg to save his life, I was more than satisfied with the wonderful fruit plate that boasted a nice variety of island fruits and toast for my breakfast, especially since all the other meals were so filling! They also offer a 4p tea (or what I called happy hour) that offered a scrumptious savory hors d'oeuvre, fruit and some sort of sweet treat. You will not go hungry here! Oh and they stock the mini bar with snacks and drinks on a daily basis so there is always something to munch on if you so desire.

The accommodations are great. My mom called it "rustic", I call it "Caribbean". We stayed in a cottage which was bare but lovely. By bare, I mean no TV or phone but who needs a television when you can sit on your own personal patio in a nice adirondack chair and look out over the ocean! The cottages have A/C units so when the strong Caribbean sun gets to be too much you can retreat into the cool. The cottage also has a very cool outdoor shower. It was so much fun showering outside! The bathrooms also have double sinks and plenty of counter space to spread out your toiletries.

The resort itself looks deceiving from the outside. It's basic brown facade makes you think it's less fabulous than it is but once you walk past the gorgeous hibiscus and bougainvillaea plants and cross into the resort, it's fabulous! There are 2 dining areas, they call them "inside" and "outside" but both are open air. The inside dining area is where they serve dinner and has a roof, the outside area is where they serve breakfast and lunch. I suggest you either go to breakfast early 7:30a or late 8:30a, in order to get one of the "good" tables with the ocean view. They also have a nice lounge area where you can relax with other guests and enjoy some wonderful Rum Punch or glass of wine. The bar wasn't stocked with super premium liquors but the selection was good for basic drinks and I had a tendency to give the bartender creative license anyway to make me whatever concoction he felt like creating.

Only downside is the location. It is on the southwestern end of the island which, in my opinion, was the best but it's not close to any shopping areas or entertainment venues. You'll have to take a taxi or the bus to get anywhere but I liked the tranquility that the isolated location provided. The beach was NEVER crowded even though it's a public beach, there wasn't a lot of vehicle noise from the road and because it's on the Caribbean Sea side of the island the water is generally calmer than the Atlantic side.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this all-inclusive resort and plan to stay there anytime I'm in Antigua.

Room Tip: The cottages are the best! They are a little pricier but well worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank JLM418
KeyonnaBeach, Owner at Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This resort feels like it is in the middle of nowhere. The beach is BEAUTIFUL and the waters are clear blue and very calm. My favorite aspect of the beach is the serenity. It is practically empty despite being a public beach and the hotel provides bali beds for its guests. We stayed in a cottage which we thought was the best possible choice until we got a tour of the supreme cottage. Definitely book the supreme cottage for a private pool and essentially a private section of the beach (also comes w a private bali bed). Cottages do not have TVs which I loved because it felt like a true island getaway. However, the hotel does have free WiFi which surprisingly works very well all over the resort (even on the beach).

The food is incredible despite the all-inclusivity of the hotel. There are no buffets and everything is cooked to order. My only issue with the dining was the service. The service was slow and the servers often neglected us and often forgot to bring items we had ordered. Many of the servers seemed almost upset to be serving us.

I would most definitely come back here and next time I'll book the supreme cottage.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nick W

Dear Nick

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We have followed up on your comments regarding service in an effort to ensure that every single guest fully experiences the friendly and personal service guests usually rate highly and often is cited as one of the reasons why our returning guests come back. We look forward to you coming back and have an even better time with us.