We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in a standard room. First impressions of the resort were favourable as it sits in a wonderful position on the beach . The staff certainly made us feel very welcome.
We were, however disappointed with our room, we had expected a fairly basic room, but although spotlessly clean it was very shabby, a good coat of paint would have done wonders. Also it was on the ground floor next to the kitchen, not the best of positions. The air conditioning did not seem to be very effective, but the aspect that worried me was the security, there were doors opening onto the beach but there was quite a gap between that would not have taken much effort to gain entry,.
After talking to the Kuoni rep we were quickly moved to another standard room this time above the kitchen, but with excellent air conditioning and a view to die for, but no safe or hot water. The safe was installed 3 days before we left and the hot water did resume about the same time. There was still a gap between the doors but I did feel safer being on the first floor. Again the room was shabby and in need of some TLC.
Apart from that it was the most relaxing chilled out holiday we have ever experienced. In fact we did nothing but swim and lay in the sun on the Bali beds. The staff were concerned about our issues and certainly did their best to help us wherever they could. We were provided with the drinks, tea and coffee we preferred in our room, flowers and a bottle of sparkling wine. We felt quite churlish that we had ever mentioned our disappointment in the first place.
The meals were slightly varied in their quality, sometimes brilliant, but occasionally poor. One week the fish chips was incredible the next inedible. The ice creams and desserts were always excellent. The menu was limited in the evening to 2 or 3 dishes, but we never went hungry. The wines served were very good, our glasses were topped up regularly without having to ask and all drinks were good quality.
The beach itself was beautiful, the sea was quite rough and surprisingly cold for the Caribbean. Most of the time it was very quiet but there were times when it became quite lively but this was not a problem.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed this holiday, and as the days went by we realised what a little gem this hotel was. The staff being one of the biggest assets, they were amazing. Keyonna Resort has so much potential, it is a work in progress and they are improving all the time.
Our mistake was to book a standard room, but we were going on the brochure description hence the disappointment, if we had booked one of the charming little cottages we would have been very happy indeed with this holiday.
Keyonna is a unique resort in the fact that it is small, peaceful, and very individual with great service. We wish the owner and staff all the best for the future of this very unique hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on beautiful Turner's Beach on the Southwestern coast of the Island, is a Couples Only, All-Inclusive Antigua Resort unlike any other. Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua is a quaint boutique hotel offering a beach-front location with sweeping views of the colorful Caribbean Sea. A collection of rustic yet luxurious cottages located just a short walk away from the beach, Keyonna is best suited for couples and honeymooners seeking a romantic and relaxing getaway in a scenic, stress-free environment with excellent food and drinks and in the company of happy, friendly people. All cottages include king-sized four-poster beds, spacious bathrooms with unique his and hers outdoor showers, air conditioning, personalized in-room mini bars and free WIFI. There are no televisions or radios because our aim is to have you focus exclusively on each other and not be distracted by the monotonous humdrum of everyday life. Each cottage also includes a large private veranda with comfy deck chairs from which you can view the spectacular sunsets that paint the horizon each evening. Our on-site beach-front restaurant is a multi-tiered, wooden terrace offering al fresco dining beneath a canopy of seaside grape trees. The menu is an eclectic mix of West Indian cuisine and fresh local seafood. A choice of vegetarian dishes is also available and special dietary requirements are accommodated on request. Service is a la carte for all meals and there are no buffets. There are never any crowds on our 1000 foot long, deserted, white sand beach, which is dotted with an assortment of cozy Bali Beds each offering a front row view of the beautiful seascape punctuated by the silhouettes of neighboring tropical islands. The Bali beds are a perfectly unique way to nap, after a swim, in the arms of your partner or to simply relax together while sipping on our famous cocktails and rum punches and enjoying the view. We invite you to book your dream vacation with us without delay. Our small size means that availability is frequently limited. We commit to doing our very best to ensure that your stay with us is one that you will cherish and always remember. And more importantly we want to make sure that when you leave us you do so deeper in love with each other than you ever were before. We welcome you to romance, to tranquility and to our charming little slice of paradise. We welcome you to Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keyonna Beach Hotel Johnson`s Point
- Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua