We stayed at Keyonna Beach while doing a little island hopping in the Caribbean and it was our favourite stop in the whole trip. It definitely is not for everyone, but if you're looking for a quiet spot to chill out on the beach away from the crowds like we were, it is perfect. We stayed in a cottage which was simple but stylish - great four poster bed, outdoor shower and lovely deck with sea views. They're new, just added in December and really are head and shoulders better than the rooms in the main building.
There aren't many rooms so the place is light on facilities. A simple seating area serves both the bar and restaurant and reception! Meals are a la carte with a choice of 2 options, and I saw the staff make specific dishes on request for other visitors too. The food was great, much better than expected for a simple 3* hotel. I think they have brought in an Italian chef since the relaunch in December.
Apart from that, it really is all about the beach. Never crowded and calm enough as it is on the Caribbean side of the island, it is pretty much perfect. You get the odd boat stopping by at the other end of the beach to visit a beachside restaurant. And just past that in the next bay is a beach with no buildings at all! We did see a local couple pull up in a jeep and enjoy some skinny dipping though!
All in all perfect for those looking to escape, not for those looking for facilities or lots of people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on beautiful Turner's Beach on the Southwestern coast of the Island, is a Couples Only, All-Inclusive Antigua Resort unlike any other. Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua is a quaint boutique hotel offering a beach-front location with sweeping views of the colorful Caribbean Sea. A collection of rustic yet luxurious cottages located just a short walk away from the beach, Keyonna is best suited for couples and honeymooners seeking a romantic and relaxing getaway in a scenic, stress-free environment with excellent food and drinks and in the company of happy, friendly people. All cottages include king-sized four-poster beds, spacious bathrooms with unique his and hers outdoor showers, air conditioning, personalized in-room mini bars and free WIFI. There are no televisions or radios because our aim is to have you focus exclusively on each other and not be distracted by the monotonous humdrum of everyday life. Each cottage also includes a large private veranda with comfy deck chairs from which you can view the spectacular sunsets that paint the horizon each evening. Our on-site beach-front restaurant is a multi-tiered, wooden terrace offering al fresco dining beneath a canopy of seaside grape trees. The menu is an eclectic mix of West Indian cuisine and fresh local seafood. A choice of vegetarian dishes is also available and special dietary requirements are accommodated on request. Service is a la carte for all meals and there are no buffets. There are never any crowds on our 1000 foot long, deserted, white sand beach, which is dotted with an assortment of cozy Bali Beds each offering a front row view of the beautiful seascape punctuated by the silhouettes of neighboring tropical islands. The Bali beds are a perfectly unique way to nap, after a swim, in the arms of your partner or to simply relax together while sipping on our famous cocktails and rum punches and enjoying the view. We invite you to book your dream vacation with us without delay. Our small size means that availability is frequently limited. We commit to doing our very best to ensure that your stay with us is one that you will cherish and always remember. And more importantly we want to make sure that when you leave us you do so deeper in love with each other than you ever were before. We welcome you to romance, to tranquility and to our charming little slice of paradise. We welcome you to Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, West Indies, Otel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keyonna Beach Hotel Johnson`s Point
- Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua