My new wife and I feel very lucky that we selected Keyonna Beach for our honeymoon. It was actually my first time traveling outside the United States, so I was a bit nervous, but as soon as we arrived my uncertainties started to subside. Upon arrival, we were given our first taste of that fantastic Rum Punch as we filled out some forms for Alexa, one of the great employees.
I cannot say enough nice things about the employees. They went out of their way to insure we enjoyed ourselves without getting in our way...which I'm sure can be a fine line to walk. Alexa was always ready to help us book our (sometimes last-minute) excursions, arranging transportation and calling ahead to insure availability. The wait staff was friendly, but not overbearing. We occasionally asked for additional drinks, and I never got the feeling that it was looked down upon.
The food was absolutely fantastic, which obviously is important for an all-inclusive trip! My wife and I enjoyed the lunch and dinner options, eating mostly seafood (although other options were available). As another traveler mentioned, the breakfast options can be repetitive, but we enjoyed the pancakes, eggs and fruit each morning.
We really enjoyed the beach - pretty, calm and relaxing. My wife enjoyed picking up bits of sea-glass to take back home. Keyonna Beach had more than enough beach beds to accommodate the guests. If you're looking for a livelier beach, Turner's Beach is just a three minute walk to your left. There is a restaurant, some vendors, and the Wadadli Cats catamaran tour makes a stop there every so often.
Our room was actually nicer than I had allowed myself to expect. The four poster bed was comfortable and we made use of the mosquito netting. The restroom was quite nice. The shower had good water pressure and we enjoyed cracking the head-level window open just a bit to get a peek at the ocean. Our room was cleaned everyday while we were at breakfast or out on the beach. There was a mini-fridge that was well stocked with soda, water, sparkling water and Wadadli beer for our five-night stay.
We experienced no problems with bugs in our room, although we were on the second floor, so maybe that contributed? We also didn't have too bad a time with the mosquitos. We were pretty vigilant about spraying Off before we went outside. My wife got a few bites (less than 10), but I think that's to be expected when you're visiting the Caribbean!
A side note - the taxi service Keyonna used to take us to and from our excursions was J.J. & Son's Taxi...we loved them. J.J. and his son were very kind and acted as our tour guides as we drove through Antigua on our way to our destinations. Most destinations seemed to be about a 20 to 30 minute drive away from Keyonna. I found J.J. & Son's rates to be very fair as well.
During our time in Antigua, we went snorkeling, enjoyed a helicopter tour of the island, went shopping in St. John's, went ziplining, and explored Antigua's most beautiful beach, Half Moon Bay. Alexa graciously made all of these arrangements for us, sometimes on short notice.
All-in-all, we had a wonderful time, thanks in no small part to the people of Antigua and Keyonna Beach. I can wholeheartedly recommend Keyonna Beach to you and your significant other if you're looking for a quiet place to enjoy your Honeymoon or another special event! We saw a little bit of the ongoing construction and we hope to return one day to see the renovations when they are complete!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on beautiful Turner's Beach on the Southwestern coast of the Island, is a Couples Only, All-Inclusive Antigua Resort unlike any other. Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua is a quaint boutique hotel offering a beach-front location with sweeping views of the colorful Caribbean Sea. A collection of rustic yet luxurious cottages located just a short walk away from the beach, Keyonna is best suited for couples and honeymooners seeking a romantic and relaxing getaway in a scenic, stress-free environment with excellent food and drinks and in the company of happy, friendly people. All cottages include king-sized four-poster beds, spacious bathrooms with unique his and hers outdoor showers, air conditioning, personalized in-room mini bars and free WIFI. There are no televisions or radios because our aim is to have you focus exclusively on each other and not be distracted by the monotonous humdrum of everyday life. Each cottage also includes a large private veranda with comfy deck chairs from which you can view the spectacular sunsets that paint the horizon each evening. Our on-site beach-front restaurant is a multi-tiered, wooden terrace offering al fresco dining beneath a canopy of seaside grape trees. The menu is an eclectic mix of West Indian cuisine and fresh local seafood. A choice of vegetarian dishes is also available and special dietary requirements are accommodated on request. Service is a la carte for all meals and there are no buffets. There are never any crowds on our 1000 foot long, deserted, white sand beach, which is dotted with an assortment of cozy Bali Beds each offering a front row view of the beautiful seascape punctuated by the silhouettes of neighboring tropical islands. The Bali beds are a perfectly unique way to nap, after a swim, in the arms of your partner or to simply relax together while sipping on our famous cocktails and rum punches and enjoying the view. We invite you to book your dream vacation with us without delay. Our small size means that availability is frequently limited. We commit to doing our very best to ensure that your stay with us is one that you will cherish and always remember. And more importantly we want to make sure that when you leave us you do so deeper in love with each other than you ever were before. We welcome you to romance, to tranquility and to our charming little slice of paradise. We welcome you to Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, West Indies, Otel, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keyonna Beach Hotel Johnson`s Point
- Keyonna Beach Resort Antigua