“goed hotel”

Novotel Rotterdam-Schiedam
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Schiedam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 3, 2013

nice cleen, helpful hotel food is also goed. all frendley just one in the resterand is not frendley.
brekfast is also goed. nice free wifi that works fast. washing service can be slow some times but was not a problem

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Novotel recently on a business trip. The hotel is very stylish and clean.The reception staff very welcoming and polite. The rooms are very modern spacious and clean and offers free wifi throughout the hotel. There is an on site gym which is very good. The restaurant offers great food & service with tv's situated at some tables so you can catch up while you eat. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkF78
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four days because our office is close by. Due to an intense work schedule and my Achilles tendon flaring up, all of my stay involved sitting in an office or in the hotel room.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the stay. The hotel room is large (by European standards) and well designed. I particularly liked the bathroom layout. The shower was spacious and easy to use without splashing water like many older European bathrooms. The sink and toilet were elegantly designed. I travel frequently and seldom notice things like hotel room layouts, but this one was quite distinctive.

As the lone traveler, I had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining room frequently. Breakfast is an extensive buffet. It is the same four mornings in a row, but there were more than enough choices to make it interesting. I ordered different entrees each time at lunch and dinner and found the food to be extremely well prepared. The portions were large and I never managed to make it to dessert.

The staff was extremely courteous and I had a great time. Unfortunately our office is moving to Amsterdam next month so I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Willie L
Reviewed December 13, 2012

this is the good option if you want to be sure to have comfort and services. Rooms are very clean and modern (a bit stylish and very comfortable). Breakfast and dinner is as per international menu, you can enjoy a wide range of choices. The personnel also are very kind

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Salmanazar2013
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is an update to my previous review. I would like to preface by saying that the front desk staff were good, but the account system and policies that appear to be put in place by managemen seem to be lacking. First of all, as I have previously stated, they charge you for breakfast every day, whether or not you actually had any. I brought this up to the manager, and she is aware of it, but stated that this is thier policy (so they will not correct or change it). Second, even the staff struggle with their computerized accounting system, and it was difficult for me to pay my bill every week (in order to keep up to date on business expenses). Third, I never received my 'Le Accor Club' points upon check out (after waiting several weeks), even though I made a point to give them to the front desk at check-in, and verifying that my club number was in their system. I had to specifically request via email to the manager to give me my reward points. This happened more than once, even after they claimed to have rectified the issue.
Otherwise, the restaurant and staff are great. Very friendly and professional, and the hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed in the executive room for 4 nights on December for bushiness.
it is a good hotel i will defiantly return to.
the rooms are in good size and very clean.
for me the location is good but it is not in the center of town.
the only problem is that the breakfast is always the same and with very few selection options.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tzoike
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Having not been to Rotterdam for some years we chose this hotel as it was both near the Autoroute access (for driving from the UK) and close to Neiuwland Station on a NS commuter route into the city centre. The location was ideal especially as we obtained a 3 nights for 2 deal that included breakfast. The hotel seemed quite empty so Novotel were probably hoping to rustle-up extra trade. We opted for an executive room on an upgrade but it was not worth it as all you had added on to the standard room was a Nesspresso machine, mineral water (which we had to ask for each day!), and a fluffy robe. We also had to make a fuss to get the on-the-house drink that was promised. Despite that everything else worked and the staff were friendly and generally efficient. A word of warning if you intend to use Dutch Public Transport as we did. To ride the trams that pass the hotel door you need to buy an OV-Card (which is charged with electronic credits) in advance. We never did find somewhere to do this and the hotel could not help. To obtain a ticket to use the NS 'mainline' trains you need to use one of the ticket machines on the station as the Dutch seem to have withdrawn all human beings (bar drivers and conductors) on their trains and premises. The machines will only take Dutch Debit Cards (which I guess only the Dutch have!) or Euro coins - notes cannot be used as is the case with most ticket machines in other countries. No real problem for a €4 return into the city but buying two €20 tickets to Utrecht needed forethought and a kind hotel receptionist who provided the 20 x €2 coins needed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SandyMaidstone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiedam
Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark
3 mi away
Worldhotel Wings
Worldhotel Wings
#12 of 52 in Rotterdam

Been to Novotel Rotterdam-Schiedam? Share your experiences!