“Just the ticket...”
Review of Jessie Mac's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Birnam
Jessie Mac's
GreenLeadersGold level
“Just the ticket...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My partner and I were invited to attend a wedding in Dunkeld. We were pleasantly surprised about how nice our private room was, yes the bathroom could do with slight modernisation but it was practical and clean. Here you can either share with others which is great if there's a large group or have a private room.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

The welcome was lovely ... Filter coffee and some delicious cakes served in the lounge ... Just what we needed!

The price was fantastic.

We will definitely stop here again if we find ourselves in that area.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Melgee31

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Angus
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Welcomed like long lost friends, we had a very special time with Dot and Brenda again at Jessie Macs whilst in Birnam for a music course. They are surely and steadily making astute business and guest house improvements to cater for the walkers, bikers etc.,among us. Perfect "get away from it all" establishment with a lovely homely feel, thanks to the hostesses. Very comfy bed, spotless room and great shower. Breakfast is TDF!

Also earlier in the year stayed here for the Etape Caledonia 81 mile bike race. Dot and Brenda put on a special very early breakfast for the bikers and also kindly allowed showering facilities after the event which was held in the most atrocious conditions. Hoping this year's event will be in better weather, but we know we will get a great welcome here whatever the weather!

(This is a rather special establishment, so please don't tell too many people about it!!!)

Bob Thomson

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bob49t
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just returned from a two-night stay here. Jessie Mac's is an absolute gem. The hosts Dot and Brenda did all they could to welcome guests and make them feel special. Lots of little extras like the Tunnock's wafers in the rooms and the delicious home made scones and muffins made us feel spoiled.
The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and nicely furnished. The carpets, bedlinen and blinds were all high quality and in good condition. Lovely thick towels too.
The breakfasts were brilliant, perfectly cooked, and set you up nicely for a day's walking in the surrounding countryside. You could even take delicious home baking away with you for a snack while out on the hills. The hosts have good local knowledge and suggested routes for us to walk, which was very helpful. Nothing seemed too much trouble, they were happy to look after our bags on our leaving day, giving us extra walking time before catching our train.
I would recommend Jessie Mac's to anyone looking for a comfortable break in beautiful surroundings. Keep up the good work, Dot and Brenda, thanks for your very kind hospitality! Hopefully we can visit again soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon M
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Warm welcome, really comfy bed (love the linen sheets, by the way) and a fantastic breakfast. Stayed for one night and walked the short distance from the train station. Also very handy for bus and the Birnam Institute, where I was the following day. Everything good - thanks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandy B
Glen Lyon
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here with my family in August to attend a local wedding and were more than pleased with our choice of accommodation. The place was spotless, the rooms and en suite were impeccable, and our hosts, Brenda and Dot couldn't have been more helpful.

After a fantastic wedding and very late night, I emerged from a short slumber, barely able to speak English, doing my best Gruffalo impersonation. I was in desperate need of caffeine and nicotine while I waited for my Wife and Daughters to go and have breakfast. Brenda spotted my predicament, gently guided me to the garden and salved my tortured soul with a pot of coffee. After my full Scottish breakfast (Pot of coffee and 2 fags) I felt human again, and watched the swallows gliding around the garden in glorious sunshine. Although I did start to fear the worst of my creeping euphoria when I heard ecclesiastic organ music wafting gently on the breeze. (Church next door. Phew!)

Breakfast proper was outstanding. Probably the best B&B breakfast I've ever had. ( I've stayed at a few "You'll have had your 'B' because it's after 8am" B&Bs) Everything about our stay here was pleasant. From the comfortable beds and crisp linen sheets, to our hosts' delightful wee Border Terrier. But most impressive of all were Brenda and Dot, who are genuinely nice people. I'd highly recommend Jessie Mac's to anyone, and wish them every success.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnBodach
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and at Jessie Mac's, your hosts take this very seriously, providing a lá carte breakfast options, and warm, fresh baked muffins that will set you up beautifully for the day. This is the only "hostel" I have ever come across where a menu for breakfast is provided the day before, with 10 delightful options on it! And the options change from day to day! Amazing.

It is seriously worth visiting Birnam to stay at this lovely hostel, where the hosts exude hospitality from every pore. This hospitality extends beyond your visit - I left a sock behind...and they posted it to me! Thanks for everything Jessie Mac's, I hope to be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

have been using this guest house for 21 years , i have see it develope over the years and did,nt
think it could have been improved , and it has and thats saying something it was always good
but dot and brenda have moved it on to a different level ,of course if you read this you might think i am a bit bias i am but as the saying goes the proof of the pudding is in the eating so try it for yourself by the way the breakfasts are outstanding the accomodation excellent the hosts are
great just believe me it does get better and better the devlins

Room Tip: just tell them what you require and if they can the will assist you to have a wonderful stay