“great surf spot, wonderful guide”
Review of Moorea Surf Inn

Moorea Surf Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Haapiti B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 26, 2013

i recently spent six days surfing at haapiti and nearby spots with tama and had a wonderful experience. i have surfed in a variety of places around the world and it is hard to find one that compares with haapiti -- the quality of the wave, the natural beauty, and the friendliness and stoke of the local surfers. tama is an excellent guide to the spot and i would highly recommend that you look him up if you want a boat ride out the to break. in my experience, if the waves are good the currents out there are cranking and you really don't want to have to paddle back after a session.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adam D
There are newer reviews for Moorea Surf Inn

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and me lived 3 nights there, they always can organize everyday schedule for you! They live here and have a family here, so they can support you everythings. The room is clean, even kitchen and public areas are also clean! Don't forget stay here when you come to Moorea, it's really a excellent place for living!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Tama, from Moorea Surf, gave me one of the peak experiences of my life when he took me surfing out at Haapiti Pass, a reef pass break on the West side of Moorea. He is very knowledgeable about Moorea, surfing, and every break on the island. The surf spot may be the most gorgeous place in the World. And Tama, Marie, and Tahiti, their daughter, live there. The water and waves were clear, warm, blue, and perfect. The view from the water was beautiful and mesmerizing. The Tahitian surfers in the lineup paddled up to me, smiled, said hello, and shook hands with me. Haapiti is a true paradise. Any surfer, paddler, diver, or waterman simply has to go to Moorea, and visit Haapiti with Tama. You will have a great experience as well. I will definitely return there. Maaruru to Tama and Marie.

Room Tip: It is a very lovely setting. You can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank blusurf333
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 6 days with Tama and Marie. Tahiti and her cousin are adorable little kids. I really felt like part of the family. They made phone calls for me, helped to organise diving, scooter rental. Borrowed their bike to head to Pineaple beach and for food at the roulotte. They made a delicious tuna sashimi dinner for me one night. This is really an "Eco-lodge" kind of place. I asked for a tour of the garden and was amazed to see what they have growing. Seems they are almost self sufficient.

One day Marie got out this HUGE knife and cut open a coconut for me. We drank the water over ice then scooped out the inside with a spoon. Cut up the rest into a salad with her homemade ginger dressing. Mmmmm.... Delicious!

Breakfast always included fresh fruit, bananas from Tama's grandfathers.
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Tama, Marie & Tahi-iti made our trip special. They made us feel at home and part of their family. Tama picked us up from the airport and provided transportation for us during our trip. He took us to all the surf spots and some awsome hikes too. We went out on his boat a few times during our stay. They had many activities for us to choose from. My friends and I always started off our mornings running or biking with Marie. We Enjoyed delishious healthy breakfast filled with lots of fruits, baguettes and juices. During the day time we always made our way the ocean which is a 30sec walk from your room . . . the water was crystal clear filled with lots of sea life and we went fishing, SUPing, paddling and snorkeling! Our dinners was also amazing like the best food I had on our trip . . . better then the expansive resort we stayed at in Bora Bora!
Tama & Marie inspired me in many ways . . . they are smart, fun, loving people and I would recommend Moorea Surf to anyone who wants to have an amazing Moorea experience. I am definetly going back.
Aloha,
Nalani

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nalaniz
Tama P, Gérant at Moorea Surf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Aloha Waiehu Girl!
I just wanted to thank you again for your candid review, through TA this time. We're pretty sure it's been useful to some travellers. So, thank you for your contribution and your support at the same time. We very much appreciate this.
We too hope to share good times again with you girls one day soon.
Say ia orana to KK+ASH for us. Cheers! And this one's for you : INSPIRE. <=> BE INSPIRED.
Mauruuru e mauruuru roa.

Tama & Moorea Surf Crew

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Tama, Marie, & Tahiiti are awesome! They treated us like family, and really made our stay with them special. My wife and I were picked up at the ferry, given rides wherever we needed, provided with daily breakfast (the best fresh fruits, baguettes, and juices), and of course SURFING! Tama knows EVERY spot you could imagine, will give you all the local knowledge, and but Haapiti is the best! We stayed 3 nights at Moorea Surf B&B and cannot say enough good things. Everything was first class! If you want a very special experience in Moorea, stay at the Moorea Surf Bed and Breakfast. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although my husband and I did not get the opportunity to stay at the bed and breakfast during our stay in Mo'orea, we did go visit the bed and breakfast and Tama was out surf guide. Tama, Marie, and their beautiful daughter were so welcoming and friendly! Even making lunch for my husband and I after the surf session. Tama was a great surf guide! He pivked us up at our hotel and took us out by boat to the break. So nice! And very informative about the currents and waves. Tama really gave us the opportunity to immerse ourselves in the culture of Mo'orea and helped us to learn about the culture and the beautiful landscape! He even offered to take us hiking. The location of the bed and breakfast was beautiful and very clean! :) I would definitely recommend

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haapiti
Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea
Hotel Hibiscus
Hotel Hibiscus
#2 of 2 in Papetoai
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Been to Moorea Surf Inn? Share your experiences!