“Great outing”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Ferryland
St. John's, Canada
“Great outing”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I parked at the end of the path just before the sign that said no more traffic. Thankfully I never meet a vehicle along my adventures as the road is like driving around the bay and is very narrow.

I tried the currie mango chicken and it was delicious, but at $25 plus tax it is a little pricey yet worth it. I could see myself going back again as the experience was enjoyable! I would go more often if the price was a little less. But I can't stress enough how worth the experience is, especially for visitors :)

The walk to the lighthouse was really nice. The first hill after the last parking lot really sucked as there was some loose rocks and it was a steep incline. But the remainder of the trail was level except for a little hill just before the lighthouse. Accessibility is at a downfall when getting to the lighthouse because of the terrain.

There is a nice seating inside should you attend when it is raining outside. A washroom can also be found inside this area, located in the left corner as you walk into the room, there was no signs for it outside and we found it by chance.

Visited July 2014

Wingham, Canada
“One of the best things to do in Newfoundland”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We parked at the colony of Avalon, so had a hike to the lighthouse, there is a parking lot half way up, so use that if you don't want a longer walk. The day we went was the only day we could go, and it was VERY foggy and drizzling rain, so we couldn't enjoy the view unfortunately, however still was worth it. You can eat inside the lighthouse, but we decided to use the waterproof blankets available and sat outside , enjoying the sea air, and the sound of the waves. The food was fabulous, a bit pricey at $25 , but so worth it as both lunch, and experience. I hope I can return one day on a day with better weather, a must do in my opinion.you must make a reservation.

• Visited June 2014
Saskatchewan
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

It was cold and drizzly the day of our picnic, but we scooted down behind some rocks to enjoy our basket of yummy food. From the daring concept to the immaculate execution, everything about this place is out of this world. Not to be missed!

Visited June 2014
St. John's, Nl Canada
“Never ever disappointed.”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I love this setting for a family afternoon or when visitors come. This old lighthouse sits majestically atop a ragged hilltop with the most magical views of on one side the Atlantic Ocean and the whales and the other of the old town of Ferryland. The picnic basket is brought to your flag where you have settled your blanket for your picnic. While you wait you watch for the whales to breach or the fishing vessels to pass and the smell of freshly baked bread tantalizes your senses. Freshly made lemonade in mason jars, homemade breads for your thick sandwiches and the deserts are to die for. You should not miss this!

Visited August 2013