This was our first trip to Aruba and after quite bit of research on this site and others, we decided to forego the big resort scene and stay at Sunset Beach Studios. What a great choice it turned out to be. I thought our 15 and 12 year old boys might be bummed to not be at a resort, but we were at the resort beaches one afternoon waiting for a boat trip and afterwards they both said they were glad to have our own private oceanfront rather than be on a big beach with 10,000 people. And when I say our own private oceanfront, I am just barely exaggerating. As others have written about Sunset Beach Studios, the views of the water and proximity to great snorkling are just fantastic. From front door to snorkeling in the Caribbean was just a minute away! And to add to the fun, there is a rusting shipwreck in very shallow water less than a hundred yards from shore and accessible wih snorkeling gear instead of requiring scuba equipment.
In regards to the accommodations themselves, I was struck by how clean and pristine the rooms themselves were. The owners, JP and Eve, and their staff keep the place pretty darned spotless. In regards to the complaints voiced by others about having only a hotplate and microwave for cooking, this was no problem for us. And yes, there is no hot water at either sink, and the hot water in the shower took a long time to arrive after turning it on, but once again these were not show stoppers to us.
In regards to the office staff, we worked primarily with Sarah who was a pure delight. In addition to her duties in reservations and bookings, she took the time to act as our personal concierge, booking our rental car, jeep, and boat trip for us, getting us our snorkeling gear and beach towels, giving advice on where to go, what to see, where to eat, etc. In addition, owner JP gave sage medical advice when my wife got sea urchin spines in her foot.
Although we stayed during the highest season rates, and though we needed two studios to accommodate the four of us, we were very pleased with the value.
All in all, a great place to stay in Aruba!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Studios in Aruba combines Caribbean beauty and tranquility with Dutch hospitality and cleanliness. 14 studio style units are set around a flowering tropical garden with swimming pool and jacuzzi, each with its own patio area. Just a few steps away from the Caribbean Sea with great snorkeling and breath taking sunsets everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Aruba Sunset Beach Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Studios Hotel Malmok Beach
- Aruba Sunset Beach Studios Malmok Beach