We stayed at Sunset Beach Studios for 11 days. My husband loved this place immediately. It took me a little time, however, it turned out to be great! It is definitely different than staying in a high-rise hotel. It was more like a Bed & Breakfast atmosphere (without the breakfast). Very small and quaint with wonderful owners that make you feel welcome. We booked the last room available as they were fully booked...it was the smallest room as well. We requested a larger room if one became available but were told that would most likely not happen. To our surprise one did became available and JP and Eve (the owners) upgraded us with no additional cost. This is what made the trip great for me! Having such great service from the owners made this a very special place. It was very private, away from the crowds, but close enough to the High-Rise area. It was very clean and the maids were wonderful. They even brought us a newspaper every morning. The resident cats were very friendly, waiting for their dinner when we returned each night. They like lobster and filet. We enjoyed grilling out one night at the motel...a nice fully furnished kitchen was a big plus. Favorite places: Lighthouse/Italian Restaurant...drinks at sunset...just beautiful (pass on the food). Pelican Pier happy hour (4-6) was wonderful. Their Grouper Bites (Gary's Special) were awesome. Jonathan was a great bartender and the restaurant was incredible. The chef, Carlos, prepared us special red snapper and grouper dishes for our group on two occasions. By all means do a sunset cruise, but not on "Red Sail", go with the Pelican Pier cruise. Bingos Restaurant is off the beach but so worth going to, it's where the locals go. Salt & Pepper is also a must. Get your free drinks at the Marriott Casino whether you gamble or not. All of our friends stayed at the Marriott for $700/night, but we enjoyed our small boutique hotel for $140/night!!! We will definitely go back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Studios in Aruba combines Caribbean beauty and tranquility with Dutch hospitality and cleanliness. 14 studio style units are set around a flowering tropical garden with swimming pool and jacuzzi, each with its own patio area. Just a few steps away from the Caribbean Sea with great snorkeling and breath taking sunsets everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Aruba Sunset Beach Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Studios Hotel Malmok Beach
- Aruba Sunset Beach Studios Malmok Beach