It was our first visit to Aruba and we were looking for a place to stay away from the bustle of activities in the high and mid-rise hotel districts. We found the perfect place at Sunset Beach Studios! While I was initially disappointed that the larger studios with a view were booked, our #2 studio was the perfect size, and was possibly the most private on the property. Every evening we walked across the road (not very busy) to enjoy the sunset. We liked having the kitchenette, so that we didn't have to go out for all our meals. The location was convenient if you have a car - it was so easy to get around. The owners staff and other guests were delightful. Loved the blend of nationalities.
Very glad we toured Arikok park - even tho we had a small Kia the driving was fine along the main routes as long as we drove slowly - incredible country! We're not strong swimmers, so the best beach for us was Eagle - parking under the trees, sand beach with gentler swells (downside is they are all hotel properties so you can't rent a chair or buy a drink) but you can rent one from the studios and bring it along.
Staff is so helpful with restaurant suggestions and reservations. Hands down the best fish we ate was at Pelican pier - grilled grouper that tastes like they just plucked it from the sea. It's near the holiday Inn so we might not have tried it without the strong recommendation from a fellow traveler. All around a lovely spot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Studios in Aruba combines Caribbean beauty and tranquility with Dutch hospitality and cleanliness. 14 studio style units are set around a flowering tropical garden with swimming pool and jacuzzi, each with its own patio area. Just a few steps away from the Caribbean Sea with great snorkeling and breath taking sunsets everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Despegar.com so you can book your Aruba Sunset Beach Studios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Studios Hotel Malmok Beach
- Aruba Sunset Beach Studios Malmok Beach