I came to this resort primarily for the windsurfing. The rooms are clean and more than adequate, the front ocean view rooms have stunning sunset views. The kitchenettes are a real bonus as most of the restaurants are tourist oriented and IMO overpriced. See my restaurant reviews to follow. The Villas have a nice little swimming pool in the back, great for cooling off or relaxing in the sun.
There's a gazebo type bar in front that doesn't seem to have been used for some time. I'm sure a large enough group could take over the bar and terrace for a party providing you have a barrista.
The Villa receptionist is a charming and accommodating Dutch girl who knows the area and the hotel. well. Unlike the big chain hotels she'll know who you are, what your room is and will happily help you in making your stay enjoyable,
The windsurfing was consistent in the mid teens to high 20's wind velocity. Not much wave action as the breeze is offshore. The only negatives: plan on lugging the equipment across the road (60 ft away) and the down to the beach (another 60 ft.) and then another 50-80 ft out into the water to get enough depth. The shore in this section is primarily rock and coral so booties are a MUST.
The equipment is quite varied and should accommodate pretty much any level sailboarder. Just watch out for all the kiteboarders who are taking lessons just down the beach.
Enjoy and bring some serious suntan lotion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aruba's best kept secret, 31 private villas just half a mile past the Marriott with ocean sunset views. Choose ocean, courtyard or poolside units, studios, one or two bedroom, all with white tiled floors, tropical fabrics, kitchenettes, hot showers, maid service, air conditioning, cable TV, cell phone, Wi-Fi internet, kayaks, snorkel, all included. Flowering gardens surrounded by palm trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Aruba Beach Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Beach Villas Hotel Malmok Beach
- Aruba Beach Hotel
- Aruba Beach Resort
- Aruba Beach Villas Malmok Beach