“Windsurfing is da' bomb!”

Aruba Active Vacations
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aruba Active Vacations offers: kitesurfing / kiteboarding, windsurfing, mountainbike rental and tours, landsailing and snorkels. We have friendly and professional instructors, to make sure your activity is fun and informative.
Cleves, Ohio
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Windsurfing is da' bomb!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was my 2nd time windsurfing. I took a lesson 2 years ago and had a blast. Wanted to do it again, so Friday morning I got up at 7:30 for a 9:30 lesson.$50 for hours My husband took pictures which I will post. It was just as much fun this time as the last. Diego was a great, patient instructor. It's hard to remember feet, feet, hands hands, where to stand, when to close the boom etc.... It's also pretty strenuous exercise. But it's amazing. Everyone should give it a try.
You get an hour of sand and then in the water instruction one on one and then you go off by yourself for another hour. I spend more time on the board this time than the last.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cammiedog

Lexington, Kentucky
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Wind surfing!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Since I was little I have always wanted to go windsurfing and I finally got the chance!
The guys at AAV were really nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend doing the lesson and the 1 hour rental (total of 2 hours). They give you a smaller sail to work with to learn how to get up on the board and manage the sail and turning. It took us a little while to get settled into actually going up and down the beach area - you will probably fall off your board into the water several times (but that part of the fun). Malmok beach is also a very pretty beach, just a short jaunt past the new Ritz hotel. It is mostly just other people wind surfing or kite surfing here so you don't have to worry about running into rogue swimmers.
We were pretty sore the next day but I think it was well worth it for such a great and unique experience! Would love to try it again and work up to a bigger sail. We would also recommend plenty of sunscreen or swim shirts/rash guards as you will be in the direct sun for ~2 hours! Even they instructors wore shirts.
If you book online you get a 10% discount (~$5 off the 2 hour session).

Visited October 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Land Sailing”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you are looking for something different ,fun and easy to learn, try Land Sailing with Aruba Active Vacations. They are just a genuinely nice, honest,sincere group of guys interested in making sure their customers have a great time! Ryan picked us up at the cruise terminal, (although they did forget to tell us where to meet them,so be sure to ask) took us Land Sailing. They gave great instruction with patience and caring and dropped us off at the beach after. It was loads of fun, and I highly recommend them.

Visited July 2013
RVC NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bike Rentals”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family of 4 wanted to get off of the beach and tour the area by bike, one morning. Aruba Active Vacations dropped off four mountain bikes for us to our hotel that were all ready for our various heights with locks and helmets. (Make sure you bike early morning or in the evening because of the heat) We headed up to the light house and than took a dip on the way back at a local beach. The bikes had water bottle holders so we stayed hydrated and really enjoyed ourselves. When we were done, we left our bikes back with our Bellman and that was it. Great customer service, safe gear and well priced.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

5 Thank Gloria R
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Easy”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just rented bikes for the day, but they brought them to us and picked them up - and on time. Very efficient, easy to contact. I emailed them at night about renting bikes and they responded despite it being after hours and delivered the bikes the next morning! And disregard what resort staff tell you - A great deal of Aruba is easily bike-able i.e. grocery stores, downtown, Eagle beach, the Palms, etc.

Visited June 2013