I attended Rona's lovely villa this past March 2013 and have nothing but positive things to say. Rona and is kind and attentive and will ensure you have a wonderful stay.
The fact that you're reading a review for what TripAdvisor displays as "alternative accommodations" might imply that you're the type of traveler (like me) who prefers to spend their time enjoying the environment than fighting over beach chairs. If this describes you, then Rona's accommodations are likely perfect for you.
Rona's villa is located in Noord, a very safe neighbourhood just north of the tourist-district (5 minute drive), Oranjestad (10 minute drive) and 20 minutes from the Airport. There is a bus route that stops 2-minutes away from here, but having a car was ideal and an expensive way to explore the island on your own terms.
My boyfriend and I (35 and 24) attended for 1-week and had all our creature comforts, with added privacy, peace and quiet, and all the amenities you could possibly need. Lounging by the pool was so relaxing after each day of adventuring! Lots of little lizards and Rona's kind, gentle and extremely well-behaved dogs to keep you company.
Our room was large, with lots of closet space and was kept immaculately clean. The small kitchenette suited us great, as we BBQd most of our food (due to my food allergy) and the high expense of the Aruban restaurants (which we weren't terribly impressed by).
I would recommend this place for both couples, families or lone-travellers - it's an ideal place to get some rest, have independence and enjoy the calm Aruban breeze without constant exposure to (sometimes) obnoxious tourists - but with accessibility to the tourist area should you wish.
My handful of tips:
- for groceries: Superfood, 7 minute drive South has the best produce and variety (including alcohol, but no pharmacy). You'll have lots of space to keep snacks in the mini-fridge!
- bring lots of sunscreen and aftersun; it's ~$17USD at Superfood if you forget/run out
- for dining out: Costa Riba, on the drive to Baby Beach - you'll find the best curried goat on the island
- should you be inclined to need one, bring a small travel hair-dryer, although the breeze is constant
- Malmok Beach, walk or drive, it's just next door and great for snorkeling. We brought our own gear and made great use of it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Bougainvillea Vacation Rentals....Two steps from the Caribbean — you’ll love it! Your own spacious studio apartment in a gorgeous private villa surrounded by tropical gardens, flowers, birds, a large swimming pool featuring a rock formation, and friendly pets. Housekeeping service included. Across the street from Aruba's famed Malmok Beach. Literally meters away from Tierra del Sol's championship golf course and elegant club house. Free Wi-Fi. In Room: Studio apartments sleep one to four people. All rooms are air conditioned. Features include flat-screen TV, cable, safe, hot water, kitchenette with sink, dishes, small refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, ample closet space, and in-room dining and lounging area. On Property: BBQ grill, outdoor shower, pool-deck palapa, outdoor dining area, and lounge chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Villa Bougainvillea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Bougainvillea Aruba/Malmok Beach