TL;DR: I can imagine that one can enjoy this place with a fully organized tour where the agency books all dinners in advance and where transport to surf spots is taken care of, but for independent travelers this place only works when you just need a place to crash and take care of everything else yourself.
* friendly staff
* unbeatable price
First, some comments on the description of this place:
"Located just a 5min drive from Taghazoute Beach"
Correct - and you'll need a car. The place is at the far southern end of Tamraght on a hill. When trying to get to the beach the direct way (down the hill, max 1km walking distance until your feet get wet), you have to cross the very busy road (speed limit at 80 km/h) on a spot where you cannot see much of the traffic and where you are almost invisible to cars.
"offers a terrace with panoramic views of the town and sea."
Yes, you see a lot of the town and even some sea. You just have to ignore the abandoned construction site directly in front of the hotel and the other constructions sites to the left and right of the "panoramic views".
"Free Wi-Fi access [...] provided in the apartment."
Wi-Fi only works at the reception and in the room directly above it.
"Featuring a kitchenette equipped with a fridge"
The kitchenette is a sink and a workplace, but nothing else (no stove or microwave, no kitchenware at all - not even a single glass).
And, besides those points, there are more that turn this place into a poor place to stay at:
* you have to pre-order even sandwiches ("I'll develop a spontaneous lust for a sandwich at 4:30pm today!" ???)
* breakfast is served from 8:30 to 10 on the roof-terrace - would be awesome if they had told me before the evening of day #2 - in the morning at 8:00 nobody was around at the reception or roof-terrace and I finally had my breakfast at restaurant "Mona" for 12 or 15 dirham. (who goes surfing this late anyway?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 5min drive from Taghazoute Beach, Atlantica Ifri Surf Accommodation offers a terrace with panoramic views of the town and sea. Free Wi-Fi access and a TV are provided in the apartment.Featuring a kitchenette equipped with a fridge, the apartment also has a seating area and a shower.Traditional Moroccan dishes are served for dinner upon reservation, and you can dine on the terrace. A traditional breakfast is also prepared every morning.The famous Souk El had is a 20-minute drive from this guest house and Al Massira Airport is located 40 km away.We offer private accommodation in our guesthouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Atlantica Ifri Surf Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantica Ifri Surf Accommodation Morocco/Tamraght