Review Highlights
The most amazing experience

Surf Star is the perfect surf camp for everyone. The place is fantastic, clean rooms, amazing food... read more

Reviewed April 15, 2019
voaleta_travel
Bucharest
Best surf camp in Morocco! We will be back!

We had such a great time at Surfstar morocco. It's definitly one of the best surfcamps I've been at... read more

Reviewed February 18, 2019
steffiwaldhoer
Vienna, Austria

All reviews yoga classes roof terrace dietary requirements paradise valley great holiday local staff big family green waves second home shapes and sizes the kitchen staff home away from home food was amazing amazing week go the extra mile amazing teacher communal areas are
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Surf Star is one of the best places I've ever been to. As it was my first time surfing and solo traveling I wasn't sure what to expect but even though, Surf Star exceeded all my expectations. The team makes you feel like you're part of the family, the vibe is so relaxed and fun and the instructors taught me how to ride waves in only one week! Add a morning or afternoon yoga session to it and top it of with the best food you ever tasted, and you'll have the vacation of a lifetime. I seriously can't wait to get back there as soon as possible!

1  Thank 279helenad
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

I can't rate Surf Star highly enough. Everybody we met went above and beyond to ensure my friend and I felt welcomed, safe and happy.

All the surf instructors (especially Simo, Abdellah, Ayoub and Hassan) were incredibly patient and positive and continued to encourage me no matter how frustrated I got. The guys are always laughing and joking with you whilst giving constructive feedback and direction. Their love of surfing and of their job is evident and they are genuinely invested in your progress.

We attended yoga twice a day with Zara whose gentle encouragement gave me the confidence to try new poses I never would have felt comfortable attempting alone or in larger, more impersonal classes. Her classes were perfectly tailored to suit beginners up to advanced yogis and had a great variety throughout the week.

The food was incredible and the chefs were super friendly. A big thank you as well to the cleaners who keep the place absolutely spotless and to the girls in the office, Leah and Kellie and to Khalid who all went out of their way to look after us. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. Thank you also to Mohammed for for capturing my triumphant stands and my spectacular falls and for providing musical entertainment every night. The atmosphere on that rooftop is really special. And lastly thank you to the drivers for getting us there safely and Mohammed for his epic playlist.

Surf Star felt like one big family, I feel honored to have been apart of it.

1  Thank kadoobee
Reviewed September 24, 2018

Two years ago I started out as a newby surfer. By chance, luck, or whatever you want to call it, I ended up choosing to stay at Surf Star. I immediately understood I had found something truly extraordinary. I fell in love with the atmosphere created by the family-connected staff and the mix of nationalities and ages of the guests.
Thanks to the skills of experienced instructors like Simo, I rather quickly got the hang of the basics and my skills grew. The fact that I've just come back from my 5th stay in 2 years says it all. The staff said they now consider me part of their family. So I really feel Surf Star is my second home.
Even if I'm now skilled enough to surf on my own, without lesson, I continue coming to Surf Star to go surfguiding. They know the spots and help me improve even more. So whether you're completely new to surfing or come with much experience, I guarantee you will never regret a stay at Surf Star.

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

I have been to surf star twice, first in March 2017 and again in March/April 2018 during Easter. My first trip was absolutely fantastic. As an intermediate surfer i was grouped to surf guiding group with 4-5 experienced surfers and our surf guide would choose an uncrowded location each day.

Before making the booking for the March 2018 trip, i was slightly worried that the line up would be busy due to Easter week.The reservations team however assured me that even if they would be at full capacity, they would make sure to split the groups up. I felt reassured and booked it.
During the whole week they never split the people into more manageable group sizes. Instead, we would all go to a surf spot with up to 40 people (!!). Few of the days there was another surf school with 30 surfers next to us, so i counted total of 70 people in the line up!! Literally the most crowded and worst surf experience of my life. It is actually not safe to surf in such crowded place, and this aspect is totally disregarded by the surf school.

All the staff working at surf star are the most friendly and nice people and rest of the stay was fine (food, trip to paradise valley, airport transfers), so i hate to leave this negative review, but bottom line is that the reservations person lied about the surf experience i should expect that week and they totally over stretch in maximising people at the camp.

My personal view is that their business would be better off by slightly increasing rates but limiting the number of people each week.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank finlon88
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

I can't rate this place highly enough.
Never, have I stayed anywhere that makes you feel part of the family quite like this place does.
Everyone from the surf instructors to the kitchen staff and cleaners are perfect.
The food is so tasty and you will never go hungry.
I can't wait for my next visit to surfstar!

Date of experience: July 2018