“Fantastic Function!”

Pimento
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Moira
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Around 50 of us attended a pre-Christmas Birthday Party in the Pimento. (Before this we had only had coffee on one occasion).
I didn't think that there would be room for us all but there was - and the staff coped admirably with this big group (in a smallish space). The ages of those attending varied from 3yrs old to over 70yrs of age.
"Santa" arrived at the end of the party - much to the delight of the children.

The service was personable and very efficient (for the buffett) - the staff visiting tables afterwards with "extras". Nothing was too much trouble for this efficient establishment!

Everyone had a good time - with the able assistance of Pimento's competent, informal staff.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was interested to read the review of 12 December. We visited a week later. It was a disappointing experience. I know it was cold outside but it was also very cold inside the cafe. When I went to wash my hands in the toilet there was no soap left. However, my main complaint was as a visitor I was not made to feel welcome. I ordered a bacon bap at the counter and truthfully found it very difficult to eat as the bacon was so chewy that I assume it must have been reheated from a while back. Given that it was 11 in the morning I thought that was a good time to have a bacon bap as a late breakfast. For all these negatives the cup of tea was very nice. When I went to pay the bill the person serving me seemed disinterested and just took the money from me and gave me my change without even asking if I have enjoyed the meal. Maybe it was because I was not a local, I don't know. Why write? I am keen for tourism to takeoff in Northern Ireland and I'm always on the look out for a nice teashop that I can advocate to others and hope by providing cafes feedback that it will help.

2  Thank Monfode
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Food is always very good, particularly the baking. Service always very good. All-in-all excellent family run cafe.