“Lovely little tea / coffee shop in Moira”
Review of The Fat Gherkin

The Fat Gherkin
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Moira
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Very nice breakfast and pots of tea, lovely building and excellent service. Couldn't have asked for better. A little expensive perhaps, but very good quality. I look forward to returning!

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a pleasant lunch in fat gherkin. The food was tasty and of sufficient quantity for lunch. Cost £20 for 2 lunches, 2 tray bakes, 2 coffees and 1 tea. Worth a visit

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Reviewed a year ago after bad service and I now regularly visit. Service is very good, with new staff very good and very pleasant. Food very high standard. Good coffee, scones and good lunches.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friend and I decided to try The Fat Gherkin for breakfast last week, the staff were very friendly as always, I had poached eggs with toasted bagel and my friend had the egg muffins we both found the food very nice but I think it could had been a little warmer, we received our tea a good 7-10 mins before the food came, luckily it was served in teapots which kept it warmish, we both found it very noisy with mum and tots, we were eating around 10-ish and I think the school run had just finished, and there isn't a lot of room for prams and buggies, the next time we would maybe try sitting upstairs where the prams etc don't venture too often.
Will maybe try lunch next time, Have called in many times for the scones, fresh eggs( which the money goes towards keeping rescued hens, always a plus in my book) and chicken liver pate.
all in all a good place, just pick you time carefully.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are a coffee drinker then this place is a must. The coffee is strong and not watery like most places. The staff are happy friendly people. Love the touch of billiard balls used as table numbers. It is a small quaint place that I will definitely visit again

1  Thank Charisse B