“Delicious Cake”

The Bistro
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ruth Denzeys Bistro is moving to Lympne Castle and will reopen in July 2014. Please see our website for updates!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I have eaten in the Bistro many times in the past and have always been delighted with the food, so when my husband had a special birthday recently I ordered a large coffee and walnut cake to take away. Because of illness I only gave them a couple of days notice and despite catering for a wedding the same weekend, Ruth was still more than happy to help me out and the cake did not disappoint. It not only looked good but tasted delicious and my family couldn't get enough of it. Would definitely recommend a visit to this delightful little bistro.

Ruth D, Owner at The Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, much appreciated! I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We purchased an Afternoon Tea with Bubbly from Groupon, we had to cancel our original booking due to family problems but were able to rebook and went yesterday 14th March. To my horror I hadn't taken the voucher with the code on but the lady very kindly let me use her laptop to log into Groupon and retrieve the code. We had the Winter Warmer which we thoroughly enjoyed followed by delicious warm scones with jam and cream. Rounded off with lovely homemade cakes. We would definately return!

1  Thank Lindav16
Ruth D, Owner at The Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review, much appreciated!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had the winter warmer. We really enjoyed this, the scones were warm and fresh the cakes also. The only thing that let this down was the fact that we had arrived a few mins early and were left to stand at the door by the counter for some time before anyone acknowledged we were there and greeted us.I did very uncomfortable as customers who were already there kept looking over to us as though they were wondering what we were doing there. We were as I said a few mins early but there was a table free and we were the last booking of the day. Having said this I would without doubt return and have only mentioned this so that perhaps a new policy could be put into place for greeting customers.

Ruth D, Owner at The Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, and I'm sorry that one thing let us down. If you could email me at The Bistro the date that you visited I will check who was on duty and make sure they understand the importance of acknowledging and greeting customers on arrival. I'm glad you enjoyed everything else!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent service & food out of this world & prompt. Have been several times & have no hesistation in recommending

Ruth D, Owner at The Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! I hope we continue to please you in the new year!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

27 november my husband & i went for champange tea which our son had treated us to for a birthday present. the weather was dull & dismal & wondered what to expect but in fact we found a lovley working farm with a farm shop & the bisto which is bright cheerful & welcoming. We were welcomed with a glass of champange & then had traditonal cream tea of freshley made sanwiches home made scones jam & cream & more home made cakes a true delight. The staff were friendly & welcoming & I would recommend the Bistro to anyone.

Ruth D, Owner at The Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and hope to see you again in the future, maybe for lunch!