“Great Staff and Location. Fun trip!”
Review of Royal Beach Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dhading
Royal Beach Camp
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Did the 4 day kayak course.
Leant loads!
Pradeep (guide) was a legend, and Ram (dude who owns the place) really knows his stuff.
The other staff are really cool too.

Only downside was that the food was a bit average, as when we were there there wasnt any choice of menu so some of the meals didnt appeal to different people, but think they are going to be introducing choice in the next couple months.

Would also recommend wearing some nose plugs, so you dont swallow half the river when learning kayak rolls.

Overall, had an absolute blast, and they structured the trip well for our rate of learning.
(ie split the group on the last day so more confident people could hit the bigger white water down river and less so to improve on the tech stuff up river) This was cool and made it an awesome last day on the river.

Def recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank H B

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I spent 3 days at Royal Beach Camp with a group of friends. We'd booked the trip through a great guy in Kathmandu. Royal Beach Camp is ran by a great family that made us feel welcomed and well taken care of. Ram, the owner/operator made sure he checked in with us every day if he wasn't on the water with us to check in and see how we were doing. The river is in a great location, warm water is ideal for white water rafting and even when the rapids weren't that big we enjoyed the lush forest hills, watching for wildlife and even got to stop and watch local families panning for gold. After two days of white water rafting we did 1 morning of canyoning (repeling down a waterfall). The guides were friendly, funny and I always felt safe. We slept on the beach in tents without mats so our sleep quality was not good but I do know that they had more substantial huts available. Meals were good and I loved the experience of eating as a group in the large main hut and meeting new people at the fire on the beach. You will not regret booking with Royal Beach Camp, sleeping on the ground will take a few days to recover from but the experience and value is so great, can't be missed!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2012

On the water the guides were great, they made us feel safe, and we had a great time learning to white water kayak. However we got food poisoning on numerous occasions from the cooking (which we would have to wait for hours to get). The worst was on a Seti river trip where the guides made us tang with the polluted river water without telling us!! The accommodation was average, very small huts, about 30cm foot room past the damp mattresses, not much room to change out of wet water gear...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KateHHH
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Our family did a one day rafting trip w/RBC to introduce our 8 yr olds to rafting. They liked it so much we then did a two day rafting trip from Pohkara to Chitwan with them. We were all in our own raft (we are a family with 4 kids) and felt very safe even though we had little to no experience rafting. By the time we were finished we had gone through level 4 rapids.

Ram's Nepalese guides and safety kayakers were very professional and well trained. On one tricky part of the river Ram not only sent two safety kayaks with us but came with us to make sure we negotiated the rapids safely. Ram and his Swedish wife have two adorable children who our kids loved playing with and add to the family atmosphere. We stayed at their base camp for the overnight and the straw huts are tiny but sufficient and the views are wonderful. The only thing I would say needs improvement is the food!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I traveled to RBC as a solo female for a week of Kayaking lessons. I was a little nervous at first as of this but it turned out brilliantly. I had an amazing time here. The staff were all very nice and welcoming. They made me feel comfortable and I had a great time making new friends. The lessons were fantastic and I even learnt how to do an eskimo roll! My instructors were as excited about it as I was, which was really nice.
The food was really nice simple food and there was always more then enough. The location of the camp is amazing and I think the huts and showers really suited the ambiance of the location. It just would not have been the same with a conventional motel. The grounds were immaculate. One of the highlights of my stay was playing soccer with the local kids on the beach.
I would highly recommend this to anybody!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank bissonK
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have lived in Nepal for 3 years and have come back many times to RBC. When I first came I did the three day kayaking, Caynoning and rafting trip, a great introduction to the adventures on offer. Great value, food and company. We even had energy left to play beach volleyball and have a camp fire with the locals in the evening (it was festival time). I enjoyed getting away from the Kathmandu madness so much I brough some friends for the kayak clinic and then other friends on a long weekend trip kayaking down the Seti river. The staff were great rescuing us when we went over, helping us get the water out of our kayaks and even making us feel at home in our tents. Their safety standards are very good, always support staff in the water with you. Thank you to all the staff at Royal Beach camp for making my stays very enjoyable. I would definately reccommentd others come here, it offers the whole package.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I arrived at Royal Beach Camp with a friend but was actually staying there on my own and was instantly made to feel welcome. Everyone I met was very friendly and the location makes you feel relaxed the moment you get there. The canoeing and rafting I did was great fun and you felt like you were in very safe hands. The accomodation was little huts which definately fitted the surroundings and the food plentiful, especially when you had been out on the river for a while. I would recommend doing your rafting or canoeing from this well organised and friendly camp, I had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Royal Beach Camp? Share your experiences!