This building itself is impressive, great location and our room was spotless. Nice breakfast though the cumberland sausage was a frozen sausage not fresh. The hosts were very hospitable to some, but we felt that they were not as friendly towards us despite our attempts to engage in conversation. it's difficult to put our finger on it and we really hope it wasn't because we are a same sex couple!
But we were left feeling disappointed - though the lady who cleans the room was great! It has been a while since I have been made to feel uncomfortable by hoteliers - we won't be returning, which is a real shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former 17thC stone farmhouse, one the banks of the River Wye close to Tintern Abbey, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Most bedrooms have spectacular views of the river/valley. Lounge/bar with honesty bar, chesterfield sofas, log burner and beamed ceiling. Delicious homemade meals served in our cosy, intimate Inglenook Restaurant accompanied with a selection of wines.Local walks include the Wye Valley Footpath, Offa's Dyke and many circular walks. Chepstow racecourse nearby, golf courses include St. Pierre and Celtic Manor. Castles to explore and the Forest of Dean with activities to suit all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Parva Farmhouse Riverside Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parva Farmhouse Riverside Hotel
- Parva Farmhouse Riverside Guesthouse Tintern, Wales