Best Western Royal George Hotel
$77
Riverside Hotel(Monmouth)
$88
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmain buildingwye valleychalet stylesoupchepstow racesthe ground floorlounge barshort staycharming hotelsunday lunchby chancebest westernswithout exceptionreal alelovely settingstayed for one nightevening meal
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed in the Royal George hotel for one night in December visitng friends in the area. We visit Tintern at least once a year and have stayed in several of the hotels and in my opinion this is the best that we have stayed in.
The location is ideal in the centre of the village with plenty of car parking, the rooms and grounds are spotlessly clean and well maintained. The staff really seem to care and take pride in the hotel and cannot do enough to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable.
Thoroughly recommended and we will definately be returning next year

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCB40
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I booked the Royal George as we were working nearby in Chepstowe we knew of the hotel having driven past last year, we normal stay at one of the other national hotel chains, I cannot recommend enough the friendliness of the staff the delightful motel style rooms surrounding the garden, our room was welcoming very warm on arrival, a delightful selection of drinks in the room including hot chocolate a selection of biscuits. We ate dinner in the hotel dining room again a very pleasurable experience. The cost including dinner breakfast afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks incredibly a lot cheaper that elsewhere.

Great service great hotel we will go back again Chris & Jan Farrar

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Loved this place. Great service, great rooms and lovely staff. Normally stay in business hotels as a business traveler, but this place was a real breath of fresh air which definitely changed my mind about staying in 'safe' chain hotels. Little touches such as good quality iron boards, cup-of-soups amongst on the tea tray and local beers/ciders in the bar made my stay. These 'little' things may seem unimportant to the marketing morons working for Raddison and the likes, but hey I would rather stay here than the dump I stayed in a night previously in Cardiff - namely Blu, which was actually £20 more!

My advice to the business crowd, if your in the area, stay here. You won't be dissatisfied. If you are planning a holiday, you'll love this place. I plan to come back with family next summer.

Good job to all at the Royal George!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good friendly service from lovely staff. The Wye valley is a great area for site seeing and walking/cycling. Food is good value; excellent Welsh lamb! The rooms are clean and well serviced but in a block which is a little old and tired.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here (second visit) from 9 - 11 November 2012. I am a member of a Ramblers Club and we stay at various hotels on our twice yearly walks.

I found the room to be absolutely fine - very warm and clean.

The Hotel staff are very friendly and I actually liked the old style bar and seating areas.

The food was excellent as was the overall service and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone considering a visit to the Abbey, Wye river or the Chepstow area.

You have to be realistic with the type of Hotel you are staying in and the prices.

Room Tip: Did not stay in the main hotel but the outside rooms have a covered walk way and are fine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends