We recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at Makaranga Lodge . A beautiful and restful oasis and rare find - totally unexpected . The accomodation in the new section , where we stayed was lovely . The restaurant , Nona , was suprisingly good . Highly recommended for that part of the Natal midlands . Unfortunately , the service in part was disappointing . For the price that one is paying in this boutique hotel one expects better and more welcoming service . Their was no contact with us from management for the entire stay , from booking in when we told that nobody was available to show us our rooms to check out when we were not asked how our stay was .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makaranga is set in a tranquil 30 acre garden located in the subtropical village of Kloof within the Valley of a Thousand Hills, 25kilometres from Durban, KwaZulu Natal. Makaranga is a luxury accommodation and conference venue where guests can enjoy friendly service and superb cuisine. Day visitors are welcome to enjoy a walk in the garden followed by refreshments on the terrace. Our philosophy at Makaranga revolves around providing an opportunity for enjoyment as well as rejuvenation for all visitors. The lodge boasts an outstanding art collection and guests can wander numerous pathways through the garden to admire the Shona and Italian sculptures. Accommodation is en-suite, individually furnished and extremely spacious. Full facilities are available for those who are mobility impaired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Makaranga Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makaranga Hotel Kloof
- Protea Hotel Makaranga Garden
- Makaranga Lodge Kloof, Africa