I stayed here for three nights on my own, really large and pleasant room, great breakfast, nothing too much trouble and security was first class. Would highly recommend it! I checked out a little later and it was no problem, no charge and a well run hotel in all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makaranga is set in a tranquil 30 acre garden located in the subtropical village of Kloof within the Valley of a Thousand Hills, 25kilometres from Durban, KwaZulu Natal. Makaranga is a luxury accommodation and conference venue where guests can enjoy friendly service and superb cuisine. Day visitors are welcome to enjoy a walk in the garden followed by refreshments on the terrace. Our philosophy at Makaranga revolves around providing an opportunity for enjoyment as well as rejuvenation for all visitors. The lodge boasts an outstanding art collection and guests can wander numerous pathways through the garden to admire the Shona and Italian sculptures. Accommodation is en-suite, individually furnished and extremely spacious. Full facilities are available for those who are mobility impaired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Makaranga Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makaranga Hotel Kloof
- Protea Hotel Makaranga Garden
- Makaranga Lodge Kloof, Africa