“"Pleasant"”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Lovely little Bistro, outside under the trees or inside all just to pleasant. The food & menu very good. Service is all way's of a high standard, managers are visible and checking on your tables. It's a must on a nice sunny Sunday morning for Breakfast under the trees.

1  Thank CarlosCru

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Heard so much of this place from friends, and despite living in Kloof I never had the opportunity to go there. Last night my wife and I decided to test it out. My wife's food was good, but I was disappointed.

As a starter I had a chicken broth with parmesan cheese. I don't mind salt, but it was so salty, I could hardly eat it. For mains I had the hanger steak, which seems to be marinaded; the steak had an unusual (not pleasant) taste probably from this marinade. The redwine sauce was nothing special either. When I ordered an espresso at the end, the waiter forgot about it.

....maybe I just caught a bad evening.

2  Thank Hans S
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A very pleasant environment, particularly under the trees on a sunny day.
Very good food, nice atmosphere and reasonably priced.
What else can one ask for ? Well worth a visit !

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lovely birthday tea with great cake selection and friendly service. Lunches are just as good. Good buzz and pleasant environment. The shop is great for unusual, original gifts.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

One of the great things about Bellevue Café is its consistency. Always a good meal. I love taking out-of-towners here rather than elsewhere 'down the hill' because it never fails to impress. The service is generally good and there is always a management presence. Their Thai Prawn and Chicken curry is one of the best I have tasted. Highly recommended.

1  Thank NauticalVoyager