“Still wonderful!”
Review of Gordon's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inverkeilor
Gordon's
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inverkeilor
Lancashire
“Still wonderful!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This was the second time we had stayed at this lovely restaurant with rooms in the tiny village of Inverkeilor and we were not disappointed. The restaurant had been completely refurbished since our last stay and though we had loved it as it was the changes made the room light, airy and very comfortable. The food was excellent - interesting, varied and beautifully cooked at both dinner and breakfast (the latter always a good test of quality). The Courtyard Suite was very comfortable and cosy and had everything we needed for our stay. Maria, Gordon and Garry couldn't have done anything more to make our second stay as memorable as the first. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Contullich

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at Gordon's Restaurant with Rooms last year and it was so good we couldn't wait to return. On our recent visit the bedrooms have been refurbished to a seriously high standard comparable to any 5 star boutique hotel room I have stayed in. Again a fabulous Michelin star standard dinner with great service and also amazing breakfast, they even make their own sausages! Will be back again.

Room Tip: Choose Thistle Suite for complete indulgence
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dundee
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was kind of a pst Valentine's day meal. We have been to Gordons on more than one occasion, and, its always been a pleasure. We were living abroad for a little bit, and decided we would visit to see if it is as good as we remembered. To cut a long story short, it was, if not even better. Like the people that run it, I like the food.
They've changed the look of the exterior and interior, and, it has a more up to date feel about the decor, it seems a little brighter in this guise.
Food wise, starters excellent, intermediate was excellent, dessert excellent, wine and cheese excellent. I shall return, except, next time, I'll bring my friends !!
I wont go into th edetails of the menu, but, my wife and I ususally swap bits of whatever we have, basically so we sample everything, its all very very good. It isn't cheap, but, quality like this doesn't come cheap. It is a relaxing paced, high quality experience and meal.

Room Tip: I stayed there when I first went to Gordons, and, the rooms were very comfortable and cosy. As they...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ewancameronscott
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Gordon's is a wonderful find in the tiny village of Inverkeilor just north of Arbroath and pretty near Dundee. NE Scotland can have some fierce weather and an amazing, often unspoilt coastline to match, but in the warmth of Gordon's you'll find food and comfort that will make all chills a distant memory. This is my third review of the place. Why? Because every time I have visited I have come away with exactly the same impression, that it cant be bested for price and quality. In fact each meal and stay seems to surpass the one before. We are all used to hyperbole and purple prose tending to the extremes. I stand in quiet praise for good people doing an excellent job.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fineartbird
Dundee
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Visited Gordon's Restaurant with rooms for a special occasion and the whole stay was outstanding. After settling into the very comfortable Courtyard Suite, we went for a walk on the breath-taking Lunan Bay beach to work up a appetite for dinner. The restaurant interior of opulent purple fabrics, matched with dark polished wood floor, crisp white linen clad tables and designer wallpapers is a real touch of class, dinner compliments this with seriously top flight food.
Great wine selection and very reasonably priced. Breakfast was a triumph from the homemade toasted breads and freshly squeezed orange juice to Earl Grey macerated Agen Prunes with thick yogurt, then the best ever full Scottish breakfast. This is a friendly family run establishment, a real class act. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Courtyard Suite is separate from the main house. Like a mini lodge, very stylish and worth every pen...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Archie122013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Only a 40 minute drive from Aberdeen is Scotland's multi award winning Restaurant with Rooms. Gordon's had a recent refurbishment and believe me not a penny has been spared! We stayed in the tastefully designed Courtyard Suite and dined in the stunning restaurant. The difference is Gordon's has the food, service and hospitality to match with the added bonus of beautiful Lunan Bay beach. The lovely lady host 'Maria' is the star of the show! Throughly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I booked this hotel through a booking agency attached to my employers. I can honestly say as a man of 48 I have NEVER been so patronised. The lady host quickly explained we only accept certain type of workmen as they wouldn't "fit in" with our clientele. I am a medical man and would consider myself well educated. However I have many tattoos and I think this lady could not see by the tattoos. She also was quick to tell me about how she was always asked when her husband was going on to Masterchef on tv and she said her reply was always "what to judge it!"

Well. I have to say I think he would struggle to get through first round. The food was lovely to look at but very ordinary to eat. Worst point if you stay there via a company the lady will endeavour to choose your meals for you without offering menu, this I found quite incredible. Also on first breakfast the orange juice may well have been freshly squeezed the next two mornings it was out if a carton. On the last morning the scrambled eggs and toast were awful. The toast wasn't toasted do hot doughy bread with half cooked eggs. So if the master chef does go on to judge please do not let him judge simple breakfasts.

Rob

• Stayed April 2013
5 Thank Rob1964bike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverkeilor
Corner Hotel
Links Hotel
Links Hotel
#1 of 5 in Montrose
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa

Been to Gordon's? Share your experiences!