I stayed at the Horn of Plenty with a friend for a couple of nights while we explored the surrounding area and did some walking. The hotel is well located just outside Tavistock with a wonderful position overlooking the valley. Inside the hotel is beautifully decorated in modern country house style - very luxurious and comfortable. We had a superior room and it was very nicely furnished and a large size. The staff were very friendly and helpful although occasionally a little forgetful in their service. We rang ahead to request twin beds but when we arrived found that they were made up individually but not separated, and we had to wait until the second night for that to be done. The hotel is known for it's gastronomy but we didn't eat there in the end as the set dinner menu was £50 and there was no cheaper alternative on the nights we were there, so we just went into Tavistock instead. It would be fine if you're there for a special 1 night celebration as many couples probably were but it would have been nice to have some other cheaper alternatives. The other minor gripe was that we couldn't connect to the wifi at all, and as another guest was having the same problem I don't think it was just me. Probably this wouldn't bother most guests as it's not the kind of hotel where you'd go on business, but it was an inconvenience for me. Overall we thought it was a lovely hotel and probably best for a romantic break or special celebration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded "National Small Hotel of the Year - Silver" in Visit England's 2015 Awards for Excellence, The Horn of Plenty has been thrilling guests for 50 almost years with some of the South West's very best food, drink and accommodation. This independently owned small Country House Hotel and Restaurant has 4 AA stars and 2 AA rosettes for fine dining The hotel stands high on a hill, overlooking 5 acres of beautiful gardens and wild orchards, and beyond that, the breathtaking scenery of the Tamar Valley. 16 stylishly furnished en-suite bedrooms offer outstanding comfort and luxury. Most have balconies overlooking the valley. Food is high on the agenda here, with 90% of produce sourced locally. Service is everything you'd hope for: warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful, without a hint of stuffiness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Horn of Plenty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Gulworthy
- Horn Of Plenty Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Hotel Tavistock
- Horn Of Plenty Gulworthy, Devon