“Great Experience”

and 1 more site!
Mai Siam Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mae On
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed their 4 nights and loved every second! Eric and Pranee are such great hosts and take customer service to higher level. Very happy with my decision to stay at Mai Siam and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for three nights at the end of April, 2013. It is an amazing resort!! I cannot express how wonderful our stay was. Eric and Pranee could not have been more accomodating and helpful. They helped us organize where to go sightseeing and offered to drive us into town at any time! They made sure that we had everything that we needed to be comfortable while in Chiang Mai. The highlight of the stay was Pranees cooking! We ate dinner at their restaurant twice, and it was the best Thai food during our two week trip throughout Thailand. Amazing!! Mai Siam was the highlight of our vacation in Southeast Asia. Thank you Eric and Pranee!! :D

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joeydoesntsharefood
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Ok after spending several days at Mai Siam Resort I am ready to conclude my review. Eric and Prince are very hard working and lovely people. Nothing seems to be too hard. They offer some fantastic things do see and do whilst at the resort. Our time was filled with peaceful times in the garden in the late afternoon always followed by the most wonderful meals. Always some different and we always wanted to try the local food. I love it spicy but Pranee always checked prior to cooking in case spicy was a no go. Breakfast was always full of wonderful pastries (must be the French influence) and always fresh fruit, fresh juice and freshly brewed coffee. Eric offered his motorcycle for some fun adventure also. Our last two nights were special but the last was simply out of this world. I have posted some photos of the last night on their Facebook website I hope. If you are looking for that something different something special I would thoroughly recommend the company of Eric and Pranee in their humble but wonderful resort

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank RareDingo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the resort 2 nights, booked over the phone the day before. Everything went like a breeze. Pickup at airport was on time, helpful AND friendly even though our flight was delayed by quite some time.
The owners, Eric and Pranne, greeted me heartfully and I was shown to my bungalow and explained everything in great details, more than I can actually remember in most places I've been before. The bungalow is spotless clean, has charm and character, is quite large and offers all the service one could dream of. I was especially impressed by the generous set of fresh fruit that awaited me in the room. A private terrasse with table and armchairs offers a comfortable seat outside should you want to enjoy the garden's vieq.

Took all meals on site, food was good and varied, each meals offering 2 or 3 different main dishes. I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to try something special and asked them if they could make, they'd give their best to meet your wishes.

The owners will go out of their ways to ensure that you have the best possible time and organize any tour that you might want to make while you're staying with them. Obviously being a bit away from Chiang Mai has not been an obstacle as you'll be given rides whenever you wish to move around.

It's truly the best quality service I've had for a long time and at a very reasonable price. Will definitely return if opportunity arises.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank EricNathM
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our stay of 3 nights here was a really good time for relaxing in beautiful surroundings.

Many good comments have been made about the hospitality at Mai Siam, and they are all true. Pranee and Eric were very kind and ready to adapt to the needs of their guests as well as providing excellent and tasty food.

We would also like to mention that the bungalows are even more comfortable than they look on the website, and the gardens are now very lush and colourful compared to the website photos. We also enjoyed the rural village setting and our leisurely walk to the lake.

We loved this place, send our thanks to all the team, and we do hope to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aandlkch
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed with Eric and Pranee, their beautiful daughter, Dor and all the Mai Siam staff over the New Years period for five days. The wonderful reviews on this site are all well deserved. The whole Mai Siam family were so welcoming, and gracious and could not do enough for us regardless of the time of day or night. We felt like part of the family. Pranee is an amazing cook and we gave her free rein to feed us as many local dishes as possible........meal prices were so affordable. Our five day cost was around six hundred dollars Canadian which included room, two lunches, four dinners, New Years Eve special buffet, wine and beer, plus every day we were driven all around Chiang Mai and the surrounding areas by "Uncle" the driver. We were also given a cell phone so we could be picked up whenever suited us. Oh I forgot, this price also included two massages plus many packages of curry paste that Eric so kindly picked up for us from the market. Service was always with a smile and they taught us so much about Thai culture and the surrounding areas.

As stated by other posts the bungalows and grounds are beautiful. Great beds and bathroom.....very clean.

The drive to Chiang Mai is 30 mins but no big deal..........returning to the peace of Mai Siam at the end of the day was priceless.

On a final note.......my husband left his iPhone in the safe the day of our departure and did not realize this until later in the day when we arrived in Cambodia. Upon contacting Eric and Pranee they went out of their way to return it to us at our next stop in Koh Lanta. Pranee called us twice in Koh Lanta to make sure the package had arrived safely. It is hard to find such honest people in this world and we thank them very much for their kindness.

Thank you Trip Advisor for helping me find this wonderful place, we have made new friends that we look forward to seeing again in the near future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jaymars1
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed 3 nights at the resort and absolutely enjoyed it.

All the reviews sum it up pretty nicely so I am not going to dwell on location ect..

However I must reiterate how lovely the site is and how cute and warm the resort is, really worth staying here if you want a unique experience in Chiang Mai.
The place is serene and views on the mountains just stunning.

The place is very well looked after, clean and tidy

Eric and Pranee are just exceptional hosts,providing tailor-made service and genuinely looking after you like you were part of the family.

There is loads to do , from cycling, hot springs visits, relaxing at the lake or having a wee wander in town.

You can enjoy the beautiful garden with a nice Chang Beer and a good book or ask Eric to organise a 2 day trek to visit ethnic tribes?

Eric and Pranee can organise and personalized your stay ,they will go above and beyond to make your stay memorable , all you have to do is to ask and they will do their best to deliver and help you in your journey

The FOOD is delicious, home made , fresh with locally sourced (I loved harvesting ginseng roots, chilies and kaffir lime from their garden, for me to take home in banana leaves )
Just the thought of the fish curry we had for our last dinner,cheer us up during this cold winter months!

It was an amazing stay ,with kind and lovely hosts , on a beautiful place

Thank you so much to you all for your kindness,flexibility and help ..We cant wait to see you again. Please thank Miaou, Uncle Dom and Pranee's Brother!

Kop Kun Ka very much :)
a
Bane et Karl (et tchiote Biloute)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 801 in Chiang Mai
Nok Resort & Hotel
Nok Resort & Hotel
#7 of 19 in San Sai

Been to Mai Siam Resort? Share your experiences!