Lowest prices for your stay
$37
Free cancellation until 10/08/22
FindHotel$34
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews accomodating hosts a wonderful stay eric ways homestay
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed 3 nights at the resort and absolutely enjoyed it.

All the reviews sum it up pretty nicely so I am not going to dwell on location ect..

However I must reiterate how lovely the site is and how cute and warm the resort is, really worth staying here if you want a unique experience in Chiang Mai.
The place is serene and views on the mountains just stunning.

The place is very well looked after, clean and tidy

Eric and Pranee are just exceptional hosts,providing tailor-made service and genuinely looking after you like you were part of the family.

There is loads to do , from cycling, hot springs visits, relaxing at the lake or having a wee wander in town.

You can enjoy the beautiful garden with a nice Chang Beer and a good book or ask Eric to organise a 2 day trek to visit ethnic tribes?

Eric and Pranee can organise and personalized your stay ,they will go above and beyond to make your stay memorable , all you have to do is to ask and they will do their best to deliver and help you in your journey

The FOOD is delicious, home made , fresh with locally sourced (I loved harvesting ginseng roots, chilies and kaffir lime from their garden, for me to take home in banana leaves )
Just the thought of the fish curry we had for our last dinner,cheer us up during this cold winter months!

It was an amazing stay ,with kind and lovely hosts , on a beautiful place

Thank you so much to you all for your kindness,flexibility and help ..We cant wait to see you again. Please thank Miaou, Uncle Dom and Pranee's Brother!

Kop Kun Ka very much :)
a
Bane et Karl (et tchiote Biloute)

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank LaGrandeRoyale
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Mai Siam Resort and praise the hospitality extended by Pranee, Eric and staff. They have a beautiful location 30 minutes from Chiang Mai but don't let this deter you as they look after everything from picking you up at the airport (even at midnight when your flight was delayed) to transport to local attractions all for a minimal charge. The Chalet style accommodation is lovely, breakfast is also included. Pranee will treat you to wonderful culinary delights of local and Asian food if you wish to dine at the resort. We certainly appreciated their local knowledge of the Chiang Mai area. On our departure everyone was there to say goodbye and wave us off it certainly says a lot about the experience that will stay with you long after your holiday ends. Congratulations Mai Siam..

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Christine V
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Just returned from a 2 nite stay at the Maisiam and my daughter is requesting to go back again.
I had some reservations about staying there initially. The reviews have been generally excellent and the price is very reasonable. But staying in a small resort requires quite afair bit of guts, since we are at the mercy of the owners.
But nonetheless we went ahead since they are rated 5th in the entire Chiangmai.
I do not regret and in fact the stay there will remain very memorable for a long time.
It is true that the place is a little far but if you are planning to escape from the city and enjoy some fresh air every morning, this cannot be a better place.
You wake up to birds chirping and fresh scent of the plants that they have in their huge garden. A great retreat, definitely.

There is also 1 masseuse on site that does great massages.
If you are too tired of commuting to Chiangmai, you can head to Bosang, the hot springs or even cycle around. Just let Eric know what you wish to do and he will be able to help organise. Otherwise just sitting in the garden and chit chatting is also very therapeutic.

The environment aside, Eric and Pranee are one of the best hosts one can find.
They drove us 40 minutes into Chiangmai to the hospital at 9pm because my daughter was suffering from gastric flu. And they had not even had dinner. We only finished the visit to the hospital at 11pm. But Eric and Pranee did not seem to find it a bother.
I cannot thank them enough.

If I have to rate this resort, it will get 5 stars for the rooms and environment and 6 stars for their service.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank MrTembusu
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We just left after 7 days at Mai Siam and it was a wonderful experience. Pranee and Eric are fantastic they treat you like you are part of their family. The accommodation is outstanding and so cheap for the high quality. Ignore the posts about being far from town yes it is 30 mins but town is busy and it's great to head in each day and then escape to the quiet back home. Also they will drive you anywhere you want to go and it's very reasonable. I can't say enough good things about the place highlight of our trip so far - we were sad to leave!

Date of stay: December 2012
3  Thank Emillie M
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My Wife and I stayed here recently on our holiday. Eric and Pranee are wonderful hosts (wonderful people too) and strive very hard to make their guests happy. It is more like staying with friends than a hotel. The rooms are immaculate and one of the nicest I have stayed in ever. Eric and Pranee's knowledge of things to do is a great help and there are things that we may have missed doing if we had not of stayed here. The personal trip to Chaing Rai and the Goldern Triangle that Eric runs is exceptional and far cheaper than what you will be quoted from a travel agent. The one down side is it is 45 mins from town which is good or bad depending on your mindset. I would certainly stay here again the next time I am in Chaing Mai.

Date of stay: November 2012