Stayed here for one night on the way down to Mugello.
Having just ridden over the alps, the Castel Pergine was a welcome sight, towering over the beautiful Pergine.
We made our way up the track, under the portcullis and into the large parking area.
The entrance hall is very impressive with its high, vaulted ceiling and stone spiral stairs that lead upto reception.
The grounds are lovely and after a fantastic meal in the restaurant I climbed the steps onto the castle walls and watched a thunder storm over Bologna.
The rooms are very basic but retain the rustic charm of the castle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castel Pergine is unique: It comprises a small hotel with 40 beds, a dining room with castle atmosphere, a bar with soggiorno in the 500-year-old throne room and a wonderful garden for relaxation within the inner wall circle. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Castel Pergine Hotel Pergine Valsugana
- Castel Pergine Trento
- Castel Pergine Hotel Trento
- Castel Pergine Italy/Pergine Valsugana, Province Of Trento