“Views, views, views (and a very nice horse)”

Catlins Horse Riding
Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Views, views, views (and a very nice horse)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was lucky enough to ride with the owner, Cara, over the farm - I was the only rider that day and it was just fabulous. I'm not really an experienced rider but have been riding weekly since 2013 so it was a relief to go on a ride where there wasn't a big group of mixed experience and it was more than at the pace of the least experienced.

Cara took me up onto the high ridges on her family's farm where the view was spread out towards the sea, taking in the coast, as well as the surround hills and countryside. It was gorgeous. I got plenty of time to trot and canter (badly!) which was a bonus for me. Cara choose a wonderful horse for me - Vatchy - a wise old head who handled the terrain of her own accord and didn't need too much chivvying along.

There aren't too many horse riding operations in the Catlins and this one is worth a detour for - Cara is a lovely woman who is happy to cater a ride to your level of experience.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Heather H

Wanaka, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Such an amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went on a 2 hour hack across the beach and it was just amazing. My partner is fairly new to riding and was paired with a fantastic horse that suited him and his ability. and for myself being a bit more experienced i also had a great horse that wasnt just a 'plob' and had a mind of its own. Cara was a great guide and so passionate and knowledgable about the local area. We are definatly going back!

Visited January 2013