“Helpful & Good”

Catlins Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Owaka
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm and friendly dining experience. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinner using the freshest ingredients, home style cooking and generous servings. For those wanting a quick option we also offer traditional NZ Takeaways including Fish, Chips and Burgers
Reviewed October 13, 2012

It was closed but the guy at the counter helped us with some food & some beer..we were awfully late for restaurants timing in Catlins..we reached this place after 9:30PM..but they saved us from dying of starvation!! :)
Food was good enough..we enjoyed it back at our hotel room..

OwakaSteve, Owner at Catlins Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thanks for your kind words, we do our best to do our best

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Place is nice, people are friendly and food is very good what else??

If you have a question, they will hapily answer it.

Go, go, go

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We took away pies late at night and they were very good!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

What can I say, my experience wasn’t good. From the minute I took the first sip of my flat white, I knew I was in trouble…it was awful. Things got worse when my breakfast came out of the kitchen – three sad pancakes with a big pile of unappetizing fatty bacon and a thimble sized decanter of syrup. The pancakes were doughy, tasteless and tepid, as if they’d been pulled from the fridge and nuked, but not thoroughly. There was no butter either, not that it would have melted on the pancakes anyway. I just couldn’t eat much of it.

My spouse had a different experience…his Eggs Benedict with bacon didn’t knock his socks off, but he said they were “okay” and finished them off.

Perhaps it was just the time of year, winter, us the only customers and only one worker who did it all – took orders, stoked the fire, cooked the meals, made the coffee and took the money, but it wasn’t a positive experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good selection of the standard takeaway options, decent portions sizes, and very reasonably priced.