My partner and I stayed for 2 nights in room 2. I must admit my initial reaction to both the bedroom and public areas was disappointment as I thought it a bit dated. But so much attention to detail had been paid both in the bedroom and at breakfast that I could overlook any shortcomings in decor. The breakfast was simply excellent - full of healthy fresh produce, well cooked, plenty of choice and good coffee. We even had our flask filled free of charge on both mornings! The bedroom was spotlessly clean with a very comfortable king size bed and good quality linens. The ensuite bathroom was small but adequate. The hospitality tray was excellent and included a corkscrew and wine glasses. Loved the chocolate mint on the pillow. Ann and Mark were friendly and attentive hosts and all in all we had a very enjoyable stay. Thank you very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1863 is more than just another guest house. Owners Anne and Mark offer their guests the quality of a boutique hotel but with the homely welcome of a traditional B&B. A relaxed, friendly atmosphere encourages visitors to take time to unwind in comfortable surroundings, enjoy locally-sourced, seasonal dishes cooked up by our skilled chef before retiring to the bar for a night cap or to bed for restful sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elm House Hotel Pooley Bridge
- 1863 Bar Bistro Rooms Pooley Bridge, England