On first arrival, me and my wife saw some scaffolding and were quite concerned as to whether the establishment was open or not. We went inside and the lovely young man on the bar assured us it was just for the decorators. We were shown up to our fabulous 1st floor room with a huge balcony, an én suite bathroom and 4 poster bed. First impressions: excellent.
We braved the cold and went for a walk down by the lake which was beautiful and even more amazing that we had expected. We came back in around 5pm and sat by a real log fire which warmed us up in no time. The food we ordered - "Hunters Chicken" and "Toad in the hole" - came out quite soon and were at a perfect temperature. The meat was excellent and all the veg was clearly fresh.
I highly recommend The PBI and we will be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Lakeland Inn in the Heart of Pooley Bridge, open fires, outdoor courtyard, home-cooked food and 11 en-suite rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Pooley Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pooley Bridge Hotel Pooley Bridge
- Pooley Bridge b&b
- Pooley Bridge Inn England