“Wet trip!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Foot Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pooley Bridge
Park Foot Holiday Park
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wet trip!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed on our way up to Scotland but met with unfortunate weather! The facilities were the best that I have seen on a campsite with hot showers and clean. The clubhouse was pretty dated and not very enticing to eat there. The staff weren't very inspiring and a smile would have been appreciated. Not much to do in the area in the rain so would try somewhere else when returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ParkFoot, Manager at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Park Foot and for your very kind comments regarding the facilities and the cleanliness of the showers.
I'm very sorry the weather wasn't kind to you whilst you stayed with us, but overall we have had a very good summer in comparison to last year.
At Park Foot we provide a clubhouse with a bar and restaurant where we serve locally sourced food and drink at competitive prices. The club not only offers somewhere to eat and drink - it can also be a welcome shelter during any inclement weather and it also has a games room and free entertainment (Please note the clubhouse with meals and entertainment are only available at weekends during Sept/Oct).
We provide an information area at Reception where a wide choice of indoor and outdoor local attractions and ideas for things to do are available accommodating for all ages.
I do hope that on your next visit to the area the weather will be kinder to you and we hope to see you return to Park Foot where I’m sure you will be greeted with our usual happy welcome.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stopped off at Park foot for only one night in our campervan arriving late afternoon.
The site itself is a 2 min drive from Pooley bridge.

Check-in was straight forward and we were allocated a good spot at the bottom of the park, close to toilets and only a short walk to the bar area. Price was £30 with electric hook-up.

The park was very busy as it was the school holidays. So much so that in the evening we couldn't get a seat in the bar! We grabbed one drink, sat outside and then headed back to the camper van.

We were up and on the move very early so can't really comment on other facilities etc but overall the site and pitch was good and clean.

We would visit again but perhaps when the kids are back at School.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ParkFoot, Owner at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Park Foot. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time and greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the park and your pitch.
The school summer holidays are our busiest time of year, especially during any spells of good weather. I am very sorry that you were unable to find a seat at the bar and do hope that you still had an enjoyable evening.
The park is open from mid March (weather permitting) to early November and so there are plenty of opportunities for stays outside of the school holidays.
Thank you again for commenting on your recent stay. I hope to see you at Park Foot again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Lovely facilities. The children had a great time. Shame the river is littered every night by guests showing a disrespect for their environment but the staff are amazing to keep it clean every morning considering the amount of people at the park. The good at the park is actually excellent (showers, toilets, entertainment if you want it although not my thing, reception, staff, location, shop and shop staff just lovely, pitches, take away, laundrette, local walks ...) The negative, everything has an "extra charge". I wish you just paid one fee (and it was expensive) and its biggest downfall is its just too big, spread over five odd fields. Although I was pleasantly surprised about how quiet it was considering the population. Had a lovely time.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Snowyett
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Park Foot. I am pleased to hear that it was so well enjoyed by all of your family.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, location, shop and cleanliness. They are all greatly appreciated.
I am sorry to hear that you found our park to be expensive. Given our location and the number of facilities that we have on site such as our club house, lake and fell access and children's play areas, we believe that we are competitively priced. Our basic pitch price includes 2 adults, 1 car and a tent. In order to account for the additional camping space that extra people ultimately take up, such extras are charged on a per night basis. These prices are listed on our website, in our brochures and throughout our reception.
Park Foot is made up of 3 main camping fields; 2 on our main site and 1 across the road by the lake. At busy times such as the Bank Holiday and school summer holidays, 2 additional over flow fields are open to ensure the comfort of our campers.
I am pleased to hear that you had a peaceful stay, it's good to know that our efforts to keep the noise to a minimum in the evenings do work.
Thank you again for commenting on your holiday at Park Foot. I hope to see you here again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Well where do I start? Lets get the negative over with first.. Park Foot is a BIG camp site and as such can be loud and with such crowds there will always be some people who don't care about others and happily leave rubbish where ever they like. That's it for the negative. The park staff were excellent and for such a big site I was very impressed with how each morning everything was impeccable, no plastic bottles left in the river by kids playing (well done staff and management for this it must drive you mad). The pitches, grass areas, tracks, etc were maintained very, very well. The shower & toilet facilities were as good if not better than many hotels I have stayed in and made it a real pleasure, great design and build quality and I totally get the 20p charge for 6 min in the shower, given the amount of people there over the bank holiday there really wasn't a que due to this. I had the pleasure of having a long chat with a member of the management (I think she was one of the owners) and it was a pleasure to chat with her. The takeaway food was of a very good quality, and the beer was well priced.
And despite the size of the park and the amount of people there it was quite at night...

The park is situated in a fantastic location and we were lucky to have an elevated pitch with lake view and endless mountains to gaze upon, endless sky's full of stars. 10/10

I would also like to thank all the friendly campers we met x
Thank you everyone at Park Foot you made our break fantastic xx

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ParkFoot, Owner at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Park Foot. We really appreciate all of your positive comments regarding our facilities. The team here at Park Foot work very hard to ensure that the site is maintained to a high standard and it is nice to hear that this has not gone unnoticed. The August bank holiday is our busiest weekend of the year; I am pleased that our efforts to keep the noise levels to a minimum and to ensure the facilities could be used by all visitors were recognised. As you have mentioned, Park Foot is situated in a beautiful location in the Lake District on the edge of Lake Ullswater, providing the perfect setting to enjoy your holiday.

Thank you again for your kind comments, I will ensure that they are passed on to our staff.

We hope to see you again very soon here at Park Foot.
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

great site for families and couples. loads to do for kids such as playing in the stream or parks, lots of facilities such as shops and club house. good value on food in club house and take away. busy time but no noise after hours. easy to find on sat nav

Room Tip: we were in our caravan
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to review Park Foot. We pride ourselves in being a family orientated site and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the activities, entertainment and facilities which we have to offer. I am glad that you also found our food menu competitively priced. The August bank holiday is our busiest time of the year; I am pleased that our efforts to keep the noise to a minimum over this busy time were appreciated.

Thank you again for commenting on your experience.

We hope to see you at Park Foot again soon.
Liverpool
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We camped here for 5 nights on Euserigg field. To keep things simple I will list the positives:
Great location
Nice staff
Showers good
Lady gaga tribute excellent
Shop is so well stocked and so reasonably priced
And negatives:
No hot water for 3 days in our field
Intermittently no water or flushing loo's for 2 days in our field
Mailed park foot giving opportunity to deal with my complaint but they could not see fit to respond up to now 52 hours later
Prices of drinks in clubhouse borderline extortianate

I've seen previous responses to reviews on here which appear to be a copy and paste listing facilities, excuses etc. if I would have reviewed a response to my e-mail giving an explanation / apology I would have considered staying again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank BernieGLiverpool
ParkFoot, Owner at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Park Foot and for your kind comments regarding our location, staff, facilities and entertainment; they are greatly appreciated.
I believe you have no received several emails in response to the points you kindly took the time to bring to our attention. We can only apologise for the intermittent hot water that you experienced in on of our toilet blocks over the Bank Holiday. A plumber was called immediately to attend this unforeseen problem. The plumber attended to the boiler on three occasions and on each occasion he managed to restart the boiler until he was able to obtain the required part needed to repair the fault. The field adjoining where the main block of toilets and sowers are located was not affected, approximately two minutes walk away. We also provide two other portable toilet blocks at busy times and two other main blocks with showers and toilets. We believe the provision of these basic services to be very important and do our utmost to maintain them.
We believe that our bar prices are competitive to the area we are in and relatively cheaper than can be bought in Pooley Bridge.
I apologise for any delay you had in receiving a reply to your grievances. We strive to answer all emails within 48 hours and this is usually maintained. I can assure you that our replies to emails and comments on trip adviser are not copied and pasted, as each email and/or letter is replied to on an individual basis. Each comment, whether good or bad is very important to us as we strive to maintain, and where possible, improve upon our high standard of services.
Thank you again for your comments. I do hope to see you at Park Foot again in the future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Ideally situated, great facilities, very clean and modern, the takeaway food isnt fantastic but is edible. Didnt eat in the actual bar/restaurant so cannot comment but drinks were expensive. Staff are very helpful, shop has amenities needed. Great place for families!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkFoot, Owner at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your holiday at Park Foot. I am pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding our location, facilities, shop and staff.
I am sorry to hear that you found our bar tariffs expensive. I can assure you that given our location in the lakes, we are competitively priced and relatively cheaper than several of the neighboring village pubs.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. I hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooley Bridge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,557 reviews
1863 Bar Bistro Rooms
1863 Bar Bistro Rooms
#1 of 7 in Pooley Bridge

Been to Park Foot Holiday Park? Share your experiences!