“Great for families, not so much for couples or groups”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pooley Bridge
Park Foot Holiday Park
“Great for families, not so much for couples or groups”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Park foot is located in a beautiful part of the Lake District especially if you camp next to the lake. It is a five minute walk from the small town of pooley bridge where there's a few pubs, shops and gift shops, which is lovely on a hot day! The park it's self was reasonably priced, has powerful hot showers, plenty of clean loo's, an excellent play area for the kids and a cash point in the bar area (very handy!). I would say the food is okay but I found that the morning staff were very rude and lazy, especially one who I heard saying 'its too early for this' whilst polishing the railings (this was half past 10) and the food took ages which i found annoying since we were the only people in the restaurant at that point. The camp site is very much family orientated, they ask for a noise deposit when you arrive, no noise past 12am, no same sex couples therefore I wouldn't recommend coming to park foot if you are coming with friends but its excellent if you have kids as there is loads of entertainment on in the evenings, a great park and its spitting distance from the water!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkFoot, Owner at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Foot and for your kind comments regarding our facilities, they are greatly appreciated.
I am sorry to hear of the service you received at breakfast. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard. I have raised the issue with the staff involved and again apologise for any offense caused.
We are a family camp site and as such only allow families or couples to stay at our park. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our family entertainment. I do hope you enjoyed it!
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I hope to see you back at Park Foot again soon.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here mid-July during the heatwave and competed in the Ullswater Triathlon; Park Foot Holiday Park was where the triathlon started and finished so that was handy. We arrived on Thursday at 7pm; I phoned ahead to check that it was OK to arrive at this time and I mentioned we were staying in Euserrig field. The receptionist said it was fine, as long as we arrive before the sun sets. We got there, checked in and were given a map and shown where the field was. But when we went to the field to pitch our tent, the gates were locked! I phoned Reception and they said they would only be unlocked the next day at 8am but we were welcome to pitch in Aikbeck Field and move there the next day, or stay in Aikbeck for our entire stay. Not very apologetic for the inconvenience caused! Surely when I phoned earlier that would have been a good time to tell me that the field would be locked or when we actually checked in? So we pitched in Aikbeck, which made me grumpy because supposedly Euserrig is near the lake. Well both these fields are not as near to the lake as I expected. Unless you get to Aikbeck early you won't get a great view of the lake. But on the plus side at least it was flat and easy to pitch the tent. Slept OK that night.

We went hiking the next day and returned to Aikbeck at 5pm to find we were totally surrounded and encroached upon by noisy families. It was actually overwhelming to arrive back to find so many people almost right on top of us! We had our triathlon the next day and could see straight away we would be getting very little sleep if we didn't move. So we had to move our tent and stuff to Euserrig in the heat and, unfortunately, others had got there first by then and pitched on the prime, FLAT spots. The field has a hill which is only flat on top for a short distance. Close to Aikbeck where the toilet block is it is more level but of course this is where most people had already pitched. The transition and other areas needed for the triathlon were out of bounds which reduced the area one could pitch. We managed to find a spot and set up our camp site. And I am glad we did move! The noise from Aikbeck was a deafening buzz!

The showers were fine and clean, and I only had to wait in a queue on the Saturday for about 10 mins. Still think it odd that there are only 5 showers though for two huge camping fields. No wonder the charge of 20p to reduce queuing but perhaps it would be better to build another shower block at some stage for the busier periods. The shower pressure is brilliant making it possible to shower in 6 mins but I would like to adjust the temperature. It was pretty hot for the weather we were having and I would have liked to have had more of a cold shower after the triathlon.

What more can I say? I like camping but this is just too busy for us. I'm sure it's great if you have kids and aren't looking at venturing further than Pooley Bridge because it has a well-stocked shop, entertainment for kids and a clubhouse if you want a bit of a party but we like our peace and quiet, and hiking in different areas of the Lake District. So this place really isn't for us but that doesn't mean it's no good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Park Foot.
I am sorry to hear of the trouble you had in pitching your tent on your arrival. Both our Aikbeck and Euserigg fields are next to the lake, separated only by a lake access path for the safety of the large number of children that stay on our site.
As we are a family site, during the summer months and the sunny weekends we have experienced recently we are especially busy. However, each of our fields has a maximum number of people that can go in each field in line with strict planning conditions. We also ask that everyone pitches at least 3 meters from their neighbors. We are always happy to help with any problems that may arise and would have offered our assistance in moving your tent pitch had we been aware of the problem.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of our facilities, it is greatly appreciated. We have over 40 showers in total on site and all of our showers are thermostatically controlled and run on a circuit, making them more energy efficient. As such it is not possible to change the temperature of each individual shower. I can only apologise for any inconvenience that this caused you during your stay and after the triathlon.
Thank you for your comments regarding our children's entertainment. As a family orientated site we aim to provide a family friendly environment with activities and entertainment suitable for all ages.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Foot. I do hope to see you here again in the future.
Herts, UK
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 night stay here. We arrived on a sunday and it was very busy, we pitched our tent in an overflow field that I think is called Howtown that was not as busy as the others, and as we were a group booking of tents and a caravan we were able to be near each other. We had clean loos and a pot wash station in our field, and rubbish bins.
Shame that despite the size of the campsite, they only had one recyling point in the centre of the camp, it would be easy to put smaller recycling bins by the other main bins in each field.
The onsite shop was a real aladdins cave of treats, very well stocked.
The field by the lake would be where I would choose to camp if we returned, as the direct lake access was fantastic.
The main shower block was spotless, and although the site was very busy there it never seemed to be full (but I showered early at 7am and fairly late in the evening). I was a little put out by the 20p for the shower given the price we paid for the camping, but accept it may be a good idea to ensure no queues. However, I couldn't stand not being able to adjust the water temperature, it was a very hot shower and very hot outside, I expect the hot water is appreciated when it is cold outside but I always like a cool shower even when we are not in a heatwave and felt quite faint and dizzy from the water temperature after one shower on a hot day.

Otherwise the bar and entertainment were definitely not for us, very raucous, we prefer quieter sites and luckily were situated far from this and we didnt have to hear the drunkards on the way back to their tents! Although a few did stagger into our field! If you want a Butlins style campsite then this is for you, not for us, so the extra money for us wasn't worth it. Perhaps we should have tried some of the kids activities but there is so much to do in the local area that we didnt feel we needed to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ParkFoot, Owner at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Foot and thank you for your kind comments regarding our toilets, pot wash facilities, lake access and shop. They are greatly appreciated and I am pleased to hear that they were so well enjoyed by you and your family.
As you noted, our 20p charge for the showers is in place to keep queues to a minimum at busy times. Each 20p operates the shower for 6 minutes. With regards to the water temperature; the shower temperature is thermostatically controlled and runs on a circuit. The temperature can therefore not be changed individually. I am very sorry to hear that the temperature made you feel ill and can only apologise for any distress this caused.
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the entertainment provided in the clubhouse. We aim to provide family friendly entertainment that can be enjoyed by everyone staying on our park. All entertainment is free to those camping on site. As such we believe that our park offers good value for money due to the wide range of facilities and family friendly activities.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Foot. We hope to see you again in the future.
england
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at Park Foot early June, it was our first camping experience as a family ( myself, husband and children aged 1 and 4) we all had a great time. Fab location the children loved the park and paddling in the little stream and only a 5 minute walk to the lake. The toilets/showers were spotless and the shop stocked everything you could possibly need. We have booked to go back again this weekend and can't wait :-)

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments on your stay at Park Foot. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our park and facilities; it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you at Park Foot again in the future.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The earlier reviews have it right, the leisure facilities and location of this site are realy good, we wanted a quiet couple of nights doing some training and requested a quiet spot near the lake and were told the overflow field would be good.
We arrived Friday and pitched the windbreaks around our motorhome so as to reserve our pitch when we were not there, that worked fine until Saturday when we returned to find that people had pitched their tents within two feet of us and we were not able to get the motorhome back in the space between the windbreaks without removing the guyropes, we also noted that someone had driven over our guyropes. A tent was so close to us that despite a windbreak all along the motorhome they could see straight into our vehicles door and windscreen... it was very claustrophobic and not my idea of a quiet area. The management do say that no same sex groups were allowed but there appeared to be an awful lot of large groups of friends and families together, not sure a hen party would have been any quieter!
Lastly and perhaps more importantly, the overflow field was pretty busy and although it had separate (clean and well cared for) toilets, it shared the showers with another camping field which was full to the brim, when we tried to get showers we could not believe that there were only two mens ones in the whole area!
We left the site a day early as we could not be bothered to try to pack up and find a queter spot to pitch and we told reception what had happened, they did apologise.
We feel that this could all be avoided with a bit of advice given to arrivals about the etiquette of pitching, if I were to go even further I would suggest that during high season times it would be better to have a 'quiet field' or area, perhaps we'd even pay a little more for some peace!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Foot. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
Our park rule state that people should pitch at least 3 meters away from neighboring tents and motor homes. I can only apologise for the new arrivals having not abided by this rule when they arrived on the Saturday. During busy weekends we have staff on site 24 hours a day that are happy to deal with any problems that may arise. In this case we would certainly have offered our assistance and spoken to the new arrivals. Our receptionists are always happy to point people to quieter areas of our park. We have areas that hold a small number of pitches and are ideal for anyone wanting to stay somewhere more peaceful.
Any groups of families that stay on our site are asked to pay £10 per adult as a noise deposit. This is only refunded on their departure provided that we have had no problems with the groups. Again, at busy times, we have staff on site 24 hours a day. Our evening security team are happy to deal with any problems that may arise with anyone staying on site. They can be contacted at any time, day or night, and will deal with any complaints straight away and in complete confidence.
Our site has 3 shower blocks with more than 40 showers in total. One block is situated in Aikbeck field and 1 block in Sandall field and our main block is near to Reception. In addition there are also wash cubicles. I am sorry to hear that you found these facilities inadequate. We recognise that during busy times, such facilities are used by a large number of people. In order to keep queue times to a minimum, showers run on a 20p meter that operates the showers for 6 minutes.
Thank you once again for providing comments on your stay. I hope to see you back at Park Foot again in the future.
chesterfield
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from a week long break at Aikbeck Lodge on the Park Foot site. The lodge was beautiful - spacious, fully equipped and immaculately clean - with a lovely outside area which provided us with beautiful views of the lake and was the perfect place to sit and relax at the end of the day. The stone BBQ was a god-send as we were able to eat out on the veranda most evenings - the weather was kind to us (which always helps!). The site was also really well maintained and staff very helpful and pleasant both at reception and in the bar area - the feel was very "family owed and run". We hope to stay again, highly recommended

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments on your stay at Park Foot. I am pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay in our Aikbeck lodge and greatly appreciate your kind comments regarding our park and our staff. We look forward to seeing you at Park Foot again in the future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have just returned from a four evening stay at ParkFoot. This place this truly beautiful and clean.
Booking was incredibly easy and the staff got us through a very fast check in, being both happy and helpful - as they were through our entire stay 5***** for the staff!
The onsite shop has everything you could ask and all at reasonable prices, there seemed to be a sale on for souvenirs where we were there, selling everything from sausages to coats.
The toilets and shower areas were spotless and there is no reason for complaint, 20p for 6 mins (although I am convinced you get more than 6 minutes for your money).
The clubhouse was fairly cheap, £10 for a bucket of 5 Fosters Gold. However, it was very crowded and we had to take seats in the restaurant area. We did not eat at the restaurant as we experienced the take out and it was just bog-standard frozen food, the chips were inedible and had to be thrown away.
The Parks were brilliant, with one for over 8's and one for under 8's so the little ones didn't get trampled by the big kids, all well kept and maintained.
I have seen reviews about the noise level, there was a group of 20 somethings that were screaming, shouting and singing way into the night, my Dad had to go and tell them off on night two. The next night they were making a lot of noise again and the onsite security must have had a word with them, as soon as the clock struck midnight the noise was silenced, maybe a designated field for people without children could be a good idea, after all they were on holiday too Apart from that if was relatively quiet at nighttime.
The afternoon childrens club was a bit of a washout to say the least, we went with a 14 and a 5 year old who went a couple of times and found it boring due to the lack of other children, they didn't bother after day two. Maybe someone could go around drumming up interest and recruiting children in to the scheme, this would have made it much more fun for them and made them more inclined to try more things.
But overall a lovely holiday. Would I go back? Absolutely... already planned the next trip before we had even left the site :-)

1 Thank Claire634
ParkFoot, Owner at Park Foot Holiday Park, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Foot. I am pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay.
During busy weekends we realise that the family entertainment in our clubhouse is very popular. We do endeavor to ensure that all of our customers are comfortable and I can only apologise for your family not finding enough space in the clubhouse. I have passed on your comments regarding the take away meal you had to our restaurant manager. I am very sorry that on this occasion your food was not up to our usual standard.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and facilities. It is greatly appreciated.
I am sorry to hear that your two children did not enjoy the kids club. The first week or so can be a little quieter as not all of the schools have broken up, however our kids club leader George always tries his best to make the activities as fun as possible and does the best he can when numbers are low. We will take your suggestions on board and look further into this issue.
Thank you again for commenting on your stay at Park Foot. We hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooley Bridge
Roundthorn Country House
1863 Bar Bistro Rooms
1863 Bar Bistro Rooms
#1 of 7 in Pooley Bridge

Been to Park Foot Holiday Park? Share your experiences!