“Ok”
Review of Sun Inn

Sun Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Inn was converted from a row of cottages in the 1700s by the original proprietor Edward Richardson. Since then the Inn has changed hands several times, and was taken over in May 2010 by John & Jane McGuire. The Sun is a family run establishment. Sunny by name and by nature, this is one of the most friendly and cheery hostelries in the region. It is a sizeable whitewashed building with grey framed windows, which in summer are draped with vibrantly coloured hanging baskets. Inside, the decor is simple and warm with low beamed ceilings, wooden tables and chairs and wood paneled walls and bar. It has a spacious beer garden and a grassy area at the rear with a fantastic wooden childrens play fort. It also has its own car park, which is strictly for patrons. The Sun Inn is renowned for its Real Ales and has been awarded the Cask Marque and features in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. We offer a wide range of local ales and a constantly changing guest ale and for the non ale drinker there are lagers and stouts.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had a family lunch at the sun inn this week, overall the food was ok, nothing special,very nice outside area with a play fort for the kids.
But i was very disappointed that when i asked to have peas on a children's meal i was asked to pay £1.95 extra ,almost half the cost of the meal itself, especially when we are trying to encourage children to eat healthy.

1  Thank nickeas
Golf5691, Owner at Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

My sincere apologies for what I can only perceive was an error by a member of staff who during an exceptionally busy period pressed the wrong till button. however to rectify the situation if you are a regular visitor to the lakes and especially Pooley Bridge if you would care to call into the Sun Inn I could then recompense you by refunding the unwarranted charge or better still prepare a main course and dessert for your child. Once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ate here three times and also came for drinks in the beer garden. The food was really nice, fresh and served quickly. There was a good selection of wine and other drinks. I would definitely recommend if you're in Pooley Bridge (don't bother with the Pooley Bridge Inn).

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have eaten in The Sun Inn at Pooley Bridge a few times and have always had good food on all occasions except one when you could not eat the roast beef. However, this was dealt with in an excellent way by the staff and manager, which is why we have returned several times since.
Last week we had their fish and chips which I warn you is large. I would recommend you do not have a starter. The fish was well cooked and the meal was hot at a time they were very busy. I would recommend it as well as their gammon. They also offer light bites for those that prefer a lighter meal, as does my wife, and it is just a smaller version of the normal fish and chips and is of the same excellent quality.
The staff are always friendly even though they can be really busy and we will be eating there again when we next in Pooley Bridge.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate here on a Friday and it was heaving, which is reflective of the food and service. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the food choices are fabulous. The food itself is excellent. I had fish and chips and it was enormous (but I ate it all!) and beautifully cooked. They must have served hundreds of these on the day yet even later in the day the quality was exceptional. I've eaten there previously and observed other meals being delivered and everything is of the highest quality and is very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a lovely meal in beer garden with my two year old and it was nice for her to play while waited for meal on the castle climbing frame and slide. Pub was busy for meals service was a little long for a dinner time meal but a lot of big family party in pub and outside. Adults meals big and filling. Children's meals very nice fish and chips fish was light batter and lovely white fish the chips home made. Price really reasonable