“beautiful, spacious cottage in a great location.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Liverpool...
Liverpool
“Felt Conned - right from the start”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

We booked this holiday 2 days prior to 19th October (Half term) - we saw it advertised on Cottage Group holidays site at £615.00. I noticed the price dropped to £540.00 in November so requested as it was last minute and still available if they would discount to £540.00 - which they duly did so I booked it. When I received my booking details it stated that the keys were to be collected from the owners park foot holiday park and gave details of its web site. I logged on only to find the same property (Elder Howe) advertised at the price I paid £540.00 - some £75.00 CHEAPER than the Cottage Holiday site. When I requested from the Cottage holiday Group a further deduction as I felt I had been overcharged - I was informed that their cost included electricity and the owners price at £540.00 did not. I reconfirmed this and the owners wanted £45.00 extra for electricity, however, this was the listed price and not a negotiated price. I went back to Cottage holidays to see if they would reduce by the difference - only to be told "thats the price" no further discount will be offered. I expressed by disgust and the fact that I felt I was being "Conned" and they were simply not interested - dealt with Karen.
Upon arrival after collecting the keys I was amazed to find that we had no Towels at all - not even a dishcloth for cleaning - we did however have 7 dishwasher tablets 1 for each day we had booked - very generous of them. When I returned to the park to request Towels I was told that I should have checked with them before arrival that Towels were not included in the booking. I felt like I was begging to borrow towels from them - which they requested I return to them on my departure.
The next morning whilst making my grandsons bed I came across a Pink sock at the bottom of the bed - obviously not ours as we have only grandsons, as a result of this we felt we had to wash all of the bedding in the the property (total of 8 beds worth) which took hours off our holiday on the first real day of arrival. Shame really for such a bad start as it really is a very large spacious property.
Other let downs were - only 1 Television in the whole property - when you have children they take priority so when watching TV we had no choice but to enjoy cartoons - another TV anywhere in the property would have been a good assett.
In the shed/garage was a full size Table Tennis table - a complete waste of time as it was too big for the room with only a couple of feet all around it, so almost impossible to enjoy a good game. That was it in the room nothing else - A Full size pool table would have been a much better idea, given the size of the room and a Dart board would be another good option.
At least 4 of the radiators were out of order and every time you tried to use the hoover the extension just popped out it rendering it useless.
If you intend booking this property be prepared to take almost everything you can think of to enjoy your break including all cleaning items and TOWELS - also check out the prices on each web site as it is obvious the agents sites increase the cost of the electricity prices (or do they really !!!)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size of property
Liked least: No Towels - could have enjoyed extra TV
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Calder Vale
Reviewed October 25, 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

st annes
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

John M
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great house for a large family holiday.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

This was a great house for our large family to escape for a comfortable holiday in the Lake District.

Great sized bedrooms and bathrooms. (A few family members thought the mattresses were a little hard. They were on the firm side, so bring your topper if you prefer medium or soft beds.)

Comfortable living-room with enough room for us all. Great open space. (it wasn't cold enough for us to use the log burner, but could imagine coming home from a winter hike and having it roaring, would be amazing.)

Dining-room seats 8 comfortably. We had 9 and a high chair and it was ok.

Kitchen was great. Nice sized fridge-freezer for all of us to fit all the food in. Oven hob is halogen which makes cooking a little slower. Guess there might not be gas in the village.
But the fan oven was good. Possibly could of done with a range oven (6 or 8 burner hob) to cater for the number of guests in the house.

Utility room and general white goods were all excellent.

Table tennis in the outside garage was a great rec-room. A dart board could be put up to make more use of this space.

Garden was good size and enclosed so safe for the kids. Great sized bench for outdoor eating.
No BBQ though, would have been good to of had one available.

Enough parking for at least 5 cars.

The house does not have internet which is surprising, surely it could be made available!

Overall this is a very good home. Close to the east lakes for walking, fishing etc and not too far off the M6 making it really accessible.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: size of the communal rooms
Liked least: no internet
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed July 26, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

rotherham
Reviewed June 14, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Wakefield
Reviewed June 10, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing