We went here one Sunday for a meal, the dining room was empty and we were told to sit wherever we liked. After choosing our table we looked at the menu, which was covered in all kinds of spills, and then after a wait had to look for someone to take our order. Whilst waiting on our food arriving we were then told sorry but this table is now reserved we need to ask you to move, ok but remember the dining room was empty! Our drinks eventually arrived and the waitress spilt one of them on the table as she put it down - and just walked away, so I was left to mop the table. When the food arrived the soup had burnt lumps from the bottom of the pan. The roast beef dinner was absolutely disgusting, the Yorkshire pudding was burnt, the veg had no taste at al,l the mash potatoes were all grey with black bits in and the gravy was just grease. Unfortunately the portions were big, but there was plenty of beef which was ok, at least the dogs liked it when I took them it. Dogs are another thing, now I'm a dog lover I have 2 but I believe dogs have their place and the dining room is not one of them. By the time we had finished our meal there was 4 dogs in the dining room and the waitress, I suppose trying to be friendly, was stroking them as taking orders, then serving our food, where's the food hygiene regulations there? This is the worst meal I have ever had to pay for.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.