“Great!”

Joe Cool Taxi and Tours Jamaica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Joe cool tours provide tours from montego bay to everywhere on the island
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We used their services twice, for airport pick up from Kingston to Negril, and drop off to Montego Bay. Both times, we were welcomed by warmly smiling and kind drivers. Their cars were also in a good shape with plenty of space, AC etc. We can only highly recommend them.

There are newer reviews for Joe Cool Taxi and Tours Jamaica

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We used Joe Cool on May 1st for a transfer from Sandals Whitehouse to Sandals Negril. I used the “contact us” on their website, and got a very quick response. Their prices were very reasonable, and they answered any questions I had very quickly, too. I confirmed our trip a week before we left and also got a prompt response. I was told they’d be waiting outside our resort with a Joe Cool sign, and our driver would be Joe or his wife, Latoya.

This was my first time booking a taxi by myself in Jamaica, although this was our eighth trip, so I was slightly nervous. I had asked for some recommendations on tripadvisor, and that is how I found Joe Cool, being highly recommended by another frequent traveler to Jamaica. I really had no need to be nervous, and everything went just as planned.

Our driver was Latoya, and she was great. She was there early, and right outside the lobby doors waiting to meet us. She drove cautiously, and only passed other cars when it was safe. She answered any questions we asked, and told us what towns we were in, and when we were getting close. She had cold Red Stripes for us, too. We got picked up at 9:30, and arrived at Sandals Negril right around 11:00. We discussed our pick up time, and I wanted to do 5:00, but Latoya told us we might get caught in more traffic at that time, so she recommended 4:30. We agreed, and arranged to be picked up at 4:30.

Latoya is very well known, and the security personnel at the resorts already know her. She stopped at the gate at Sandals Negril, and they let her right through. When we got back to Sandals Whitehouse, they knew her, as well.

We changed out of our swimsuits and were ready for pick up a little earlier than 4:30. She arrived early, too, and off we went. There was definitely more traffic on the way back, and it took a little longer, but it was no fault of Latoya’s. We were much less talkative on the way back, and she even asked if we were ok! My husband is quite talkative, and he was tired out and took a nap, so he was pretty quiet on the way back, lol! We were laughing on the road back to Whitehouse at everyone dodging the potholes, and she was laughing right along with us.

If you are staying at Sandals, you can leave your money up front so you don’t need to carry it with you all day. If you give them cash, they apply it to your room, and you can get cash back when you return. I told her our money was inside, and that was no problem. The amount was the same as what we had discussed in the emails before we went. Everything was great! I highly recommend!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We used Joe Cool for our airport transfers and for a day tour. He is one of the few taxi services that would drive us to the area we were staying and offer tours. His pricing is reasonable and we found him to be cheaper than the few others I priced. He is very reliable. We had no troubles finding where to go in the airport and who to look for. They were waiting when we arrived with a refreshing drink waiting in the van. He stopped at the Mega Mart, so we could pick up a few things. Joe Cool was very knowledgeable about the area and provides interesting facts as you pass through.
He also took us to Appleton Estate and YS Falls. He was early for pick-up and again provided a cold drink for us. Again, told us about the areas we were passing through.
We recommend Joe Cool for transportation and tours. We felt right at home when we were with him.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had read reviews about Joe Cool before we went to Jamaica. We decided to book him for all of our travels. which included 3 round trip airport runs, 2 full day trips, and 2 round trips to church. Joe really became part of our family. He not only was the driver but he also jumped in the water falls with us, he took our pictures, helped us find the best conk shells, and even went to church with us. My teenage summed it up when as we were boarding the plane to return home, he said he was missing Joe. Booking him before we went was a great decision to help make this a great vacation. I would strongly recommend that you book him if you are going to be in the area. You will also learn the entire life history of Bob Marley watching the video that is always playing in his van.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We contacted Joe Cools Taxi to provide transportation from Montego Bay Jamaica to Negril. Latoya and heather met us at the airport with smiles and ice cold Red Stripe :). My husband had forgotten to pack his Bathing suite, of all things to forget in Jamaica, Heather and LaToya gladly stopped on the way to our resort so we could do some shopping. We were so impressed with the service that we arrainged for them to take us sight seeing the next day. They were invaluable in picking the places that would interest us the most. we ended up going to YS Falls and The Black River and loved both excursions.
I can't say enough good things about Joe Cools. They were on time, curteous, knowledgeable and their rates were very reasonable. We are planning a trip back next year and we will certainly use Joe Cools again.