“Surprise!”
Review of Rothesay Motel

Rothesay Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rothesay
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The new owner is great! We showed up, didn't call, he gave us one of the cute cottages. He's trying very hard and is doing awesome. All the rooms in the back are stocked up! We were in cottage one. Just what we needed nothing fancy, bed, bathroom, fridge. Cute as the dickens! But...the water pressure was bad. ( but he's working on it). We got what we paid for and we d stay there again.

Room Tip: You should give them a chance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurel M
kang9801, 오너 at Rothesay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you. As you may see, this motel have 13 units. Two of them are small and old cabins and another two of them are 2 story old cottages(but I have try to do my best make a clean inside all of them). I have leave them as it were because a lot of old people who was born in around here in Rothesay or Quispamsis town visit these old cabins or cottages regularly in summer season and stayed for 2 weeks, 3 weeks or a month. But another 9 units are really brand new nothing problem. Thank you..... ※ That water was fixed. ^^**

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently stayed at Rothesay Motel for two nights while I was visiting family and friends in the area. We weren't sure what to expect, but were very impressed! There were four of us (all adults), so we got one of the two bedroom rooms (room #8). It was spotless and felt like new inside. There was a small common area, two decent size bedrooms with double beds and a full bathroom with a tub/shower. There was also a small kitchenette with a microwave, full size fridge, toaster, coffee maker, cutlery and dishes. The owner was very friendly and accommodating. Towels, soap and shampoo/conditioner were also provided. There was air conditioning, but we didn't need it while we were there.

The room was very reasonably priced, much cheaper than other hotels in the area. If we had stayed at a hotel we would have had to book two rooms, but since this one had two separate bedrooms each couple had privacy.

The location is also great. Easy access from the highway and lots of restaurants/amenities nearby - many of them are within walking distance.

We will definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in the area or anyone who is visiting Saint John, but doesn't want to stay right in the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found this motel a good location spot to stay while we visited Saint John! We had no problems with the room, there was a good restaurant down the road we ate at one night recommended by the owner of the motel, again it was a great spot. Our room was clean, everything we needed like a micro, frig, towels, clean shower! I would stay again. Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dianne50
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for 1 week and talk about old and dirty.
The bed was hard, the couch wasn't a couch (it was 2 chairs put together), very small! It wouldn't be somewhere to take a family. The cabin I stayed in had a ''kitchenette'' with only a tiny bar fridge that barely worked, a microwave, a few dishes, and a small coffee machine that of which I had to go buy my own coffee and tea.
It was also summertime and there is no air conditioning in the rooms. The heat with a combination of only 1 window being able to open makes for a very uncomfortable sleep.
Overall, kind of cheap to go here but not really worth your money for the lack of comfort.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Baskinginthesun86
kang9801, 오너 at Rothesay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi

I am new owner who have took and ran this nice motel since 2013. June. I have tried to make an one of best motel around Rothesay beautiful town therefore I changed everything that Bedding, Facilities etc,. Come over here and look at the Rothesay Motel please how wonderful.

Thank you.

Rothesay Motel
K.K

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothesay
Quality Inn & Suites Amsterdam
Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites
Shadow Lawn Inn
Shadow Lawn Inn
#1 of 1 in Rothesay

Been to Rothesay Motel? Share your experiences!