I went with a group of 11 to Orquidea del Sur for the last leg of a week-long trip to Nicaragua. Overall, the our stay was excellent. We were there for three nights over Thanksgiving and had an amazing time. We received excellent service and had the whole place to ourselves which, for a group of 11, was really nice. The spot is a cool mix of a bed and breakfast, luxury home, and hotel, with a huge, multi-level outside area for lounging, hammocking, relaxing at the bar, relaxing at the pool, and just relaxing. Did I mentioned it's relaxing?
The pristine beach in front of the Orquidea del Sure is an easy 10 min walk or quick drive if you have a car. The beach is gorgeous and during our stay we literally saw only a few other people on the beach at any given time. If you like to surf, especially if you're a beginner, this is a great place for you.
Overall, a place I definitely recommend and would go back to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hola and welcome to Orquidea del Sur, your private villa south of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Overlooking the renowned surf break at Playa Yankee, Orquidea del Sur commands a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean that is every bit as breathtaking as you would hope. We promise. With over 8000 square feet of living space, spectacular gardens, and two award winning swimming pools, the villa has everything you expect from a luxury vacation rental. The manicured gardens are filled with flowers, visited by all sorts of tropical birds including parakeets and toucans, and even monkeys stop by. Prepare your meals under cathedral ceilings in the fully appointed gourmet kitchen and enjoy them in one of several dining areas throughout the property. One of our favourite spots is on the patio overlooking the pool at sunset. After the sun goes down, you can retire to the house for a game of pool or simply relax with one of the books from the library. Each of the three bedrooms has a spectacular ocean view and large ensuite bathroom. With its own living area and balcony, you may never want to leave the 1000 square foot master bedroom or its large soaker bathtub. Should you require extra space, there are also 4 apartments available at a small additional cost. Sorry, the apartments can only be rented in conjunction with the main house and are not available for separate rental. Whatever you decide to do with your time here, you'll be doing it in a truly one of a kind setting. Orquidea del Sur has been a labour of love for us and we look forward to sharing it with you, our guests. Enjoy. Robert and Joanne - Owners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Orquidea del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orquidea Del Sur Hotel Playa Yankee
- Orquidea Del Sur Nicaragua/Playa Yankee