We just returned from a week at Orquidea del Sur. Our group of 12 was able to reserve the entire B&B and it was an unbelievably memorable trip. We were traveling with my 94 and 88 year old in- laws, and Robert, Joanne and the staff took such good care of them and our whole party. The young people Robert employs were uniformly sweet and helpful, and made it so enjoyable for my elderly suegros (in-laws in spanish). The home and grounds are even prettier than in the pictures. The grounds are so well thought out, with many beautiful little shaded, private areas to lay on a hammock and read in the shade, and the pool area is the nicest I've ever experienced. The rooms are sparkling clean and comfortable, with gigantic bathrooms. The communal breakfasts every morning were great, with the best fresh fruit and juice, eggs, bacon and gallo pinto (rice and beans), all graciously served by the wonderful Martha. There is internet access so we could stay connected, but no TV (which we did not miss, at all). Nights are exceptionally dark, peaceful and beautiful. Yankee beach was very pretty, the water almost 80 degrees, and good for surfing/boogie boarding. Mostly we had the huge beach all to ourselves. What a week we had!
Robert and Joanne are very knowledgeable and helpful, and arranged a boat trip, horseback riding, and gave good directions (we found driving and directions the most challenging part of Nicaragua, but we did it (hundreds of miles), even at night, and survived:). Getting up to the home in our rented 4x4 was fun in itself; a rugged trip up the last 1/8 of a mile or so, but worth the effort!
We loved Nicaragua, and Robert and his staff, his home and his/their help made the trip a mix of luxury, beauty, cultural learning, excitement and rich experiences. It was the trip of a lifetime for me and my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hola and welcome to Orquidea del Sur, your private villa south of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Overlooking the renowned surf break at Playa Yankee, Orquidea del Sur commands a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean that is every bit as breathtaking as you would hope. We promise. With over 8000 square feet of living space, spectacular gardens, and two award winning swimming pools, the villa has everything you expect from a luxury vacation rental. The manicured gardens are filled with flowers, visited by all sorts of tropical birds including parakeets and toucans, and even monkeys stop by. Prepare your meals under cathedral ceilings in the fully appointed gourmet kitchen and enjoy them in one of several dining areas throughout the property. One of our favourite spots is on the patio overlooking the pool at sunset. After the sun goes down, you can retire to the house for a game of pool or simply relax with one of the books from the library. Each of the three bedrooms has a spectacular ocean view and large ensuite bathroom. With its own living area and balcony, you may never want to leave the 1000 square foot master bedroom or its large soaker bathtub. Should you require extra space, there are also 4 apartments available at a small additional cost. Sorry, the apartments can only be rented in conjunction with the main house and are not available for separate rental. Whatever you decide to do with your time here, you'll be doing it in a truly one of a kind setting. Orquidea del Sur has been a labour of love for us and we look forward to sharing it with you, our guests. Enjoy. Robert and Joanne - Owners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Orquidea del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orquidea Del Sur Hotel Playa Yankee
- Orquidea Del Sur Nicaragua/Playa Yankee