Our family of five (3 college-age chldren) ended a terrific 2 week trip through Nicaragua at Orquidea del Sur. What an absolutely fabulous place to unwind and relax after significant trekking. As we had seen much of the country already, we spent our days at Orquidea relaxing by their beautifully landscaped and well-coiffed gardens and pool. We did go to San Juan Del Sur one day with their driver who was very helpful. En route, we were priviledged to be asked to deliver backpacks filled with school supplies to local indigent children. We got to go into their homes and meet them and see their lives in an intimate way not otherwise possible. Joanne is very involved in civic activities and with notice may be able to arrange similar outings. In fact, they would have arranged everything from horseback rising, to boating and spa treatments had we wanted. They also arranged our transport from Morgan's Rock (Grade C) and then upon departure, to the airport.
Orquidea has a terrific website and all of the photos depict its beauty accurately. The sunsets are incredible as is the beach. The staff are attentive and anything can be organized as well as requested for meals. We ate three fabulous dinners there. If you want fish - you got it, lamb - freshly got from the field, guacamole - it is yours. Their attention to detail and service rivals or surpasses any well-known 4 star hotels (i.e., Mandarin, Aman, Oberai, Four Seasons, etc) but with local charm. As there are only 5 rooms - you just might have the place to yourself! Rooms 1 and 4 seem like the best as they are brightest but all take advantage of the verdant surroundings.
Grade A+ - especially for value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hola and welcome to Orquidea del Sur, your private villa south of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Overlooking the renowned surf break at Playa Yankee, Orquidea del Sur commands a 180 degree view of the Pacific Ocean that is every bit as breathtaking as you would hope. We promise. With over 8000 square feet of living space, spectacular gardens, and two award winning swimming pools, the villa has everything you expect from a luxury vacation rental. The manicured gardens are filled with flowers, visited by all sorts of tropical birds including parakeets and toucans, and even monkeys stop by. Prepare your meals under cathedral ceilings in the fully appointed gourmet kitchen and enjoy them in one of several dining areas throughout the property. One of our favourite spots is on the patio overlooking the pool at sunset. After the sun goes down, you can retire to the house for a game of pool or simply relax with one of the books from the library. Each of the three bedrooms has a spectacular ocean view and large ensuite bathroom. With its own living area and balcony, you may never want to leave the 1000 square foot master bedroom or its large soaker bathtub. Should you require extra space, there are also 4 apartments available at a small additional cost. Sorry, the apartments can only be rented in conjunction with the main house and are not available for separate rental. Whatever you decide to do with your time here, you'll be doing it in a truly one of a kind setting. Orquidea del Sur has been a labour of love for us and we look forward to sharing it with you, our guests. Enjoy. Robert and Joanne - Owners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Orquidea del Sur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orquidea Del Sur Hotel Playa Yankee
- Orquidea Del Sur Nicaragua/Playa Yankee