“never again”
Review of Doherty's Cafe

Ranked #9 of 10 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed January 23, 2013

food was disgusting.....and expensive!!!!...so not worth the money!!!.....terrible.......................................

BurtBurt, Owner at Doherty's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to our cafe. We take great pride on producing much of our foods from scratch including our breads and our chips which are made from fresh potatoes every day. We serve thousands of customers every week, most of them regulars who love to come for our food. I would appreciate if you could contact us directly, so we may understand what happened on your visit. The cafe number is 00353749386603 and if you could ask for Lisa (tues-sat) please. On behalf of all the staff, I apologise for the poor experience you had for us and hope that we may have a chance to rectify it.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had the best fish and chips that I had in a long time. Worth the visit for the fish, bread butter and tea! Lovely.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

like the last review. i got a fish supper and a portion of curry sauce. when i got home i could hardly find the fish under the chips. really disappointing as i heard so many good reviews from friends. i was charged € 7.80 and will vote with my feet. i will not be back.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Today, (Wednesday 12-9-12 @ 5.50pm) I went to Doherty’s Cafe for 2 fish suppers to take away. It was very busy & the staff were under pressure. I paid £11.80 stg. When I returned to the house & open the bag I was disgusted at the portion size. Half a fish was all I got & a bag of chips per supper. The fish was now white inside as it should be. I watched as sit in orders were being carries to the table. Each plate had 1 full fish. It will be a long time before I return to Doherty’s Café. I would be in fairly regularly but if that is the quality of take away orders it will be a long time before I’m back.
I hope that I get feedback on this complaint as customer satisfaction was defiantly not met in this case. Please if you are hungry & are thinking of getting a take away, think carefully just how hungry you are.

2  Thank Bridgeen H
BurtBurt, Owner at Doherty's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Bridgeen, firstly I want to say thank you for taking the time to post this review. We have been in business for almost 40 years now and are famous for our fish and chips, so we take each and any complaint seriously. We have a policy that 'sit in' and 'take away' portions are the same and something has gone wrong in your case. I really would welcome the opportunity to met with you, apologise in person and have the chance to provide some remedy in this matter. Please call the cafe on 00353749386603 and ask for Anne or Eibhlin. Many thanks for reading this.
PS Sorry for the delay in response but we never had a complaint before on trip advisor and we had to go through a rigid vetting process in order to get registered on-line before we were allowed to reply.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Visited this restaurant with a friend recently during lunch break. Fast service with tasty dishes. Great atmosphere and busy venue.