“Fresh ingredients make for good food at reasonable prices”

Harry's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nothing too fancy or complicated, everything fresh and locally produced. What more could one ask for in a restaurant? My only criticism is that the restaurant is a bit dark and gloomy - but that is more than compensated for by the quality of the food.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm always wowed by the food. It always exceeds expectations and I've eaten in a lot of top restaurants in many countries! Nick Strong

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went for Sunday lunch. I ordered beetroot risotto which arrived on a ridiculous platter with a small central depression with a lump of goats cheese in it. It was lukewarm and very small central.
We both ordered the roast beef which arrived lukewarm and thinly sliced . The vegetables accompanying it were for two people but would be more suitable for one person .
At no stage were we asked how the meal was and when the time to pay arrived lukewarm.there was no manager around to whom we wanted to complain .
I will never go back again.

3  Thank doc826
Reviewed August 16, 2013

A friend came to stay with me in Derry. Anthony, a seasoned and senior London Barrister, was persuaded to take me out to lunch at Harry's. I had travelled extensively with Anthony in the past, both when a practicing barrister myself or on holidays in France. He only exceptionally had a moderately kind word to say about any of the multitude of restaurants we went to. They were either 'bad' or 'outrageously expensive': or both. As a Harry's fan I was interested to see his reaction to lunch here.

After a cantankerous entrance he settled down and as lunch progressed enjoyed himself more and more with the food. The service was a boon as we both favour no-nonsense friendly service. Then he paid the bill.

'That was the best restaurant I have ever been to. Why can't they do this in England?' He announced and asked.

I was so proud.

1  Thank derry123Londonderry
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I went for lunch, the soup of day was Beetroot which she took and said that it was very nice. I had the fresh fish of the day which was Haddock with lovely summer vegetables and mash.
This light lunch was very enjoyable and I will return , as one of the few restaurants that when it says fresh fish that , this is what you get.
Service could have been a little quicker but as everything is made fresh i suppose a little wait for lovely food was worth it..

I would like waiters to have name badges so I could say the waiters name who was very friendly and chatty.

Go here do not think you could be disappointed .