“What a gem!!!!”

Harry's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Bridgend
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Happened on this place by accident for a quick lunch snack and were so impressed that we booked to bo back for dinner the following evening....not disappointed by any means. There's pride in the food provided here that just says it all... Tasty produce, locally sourced, beautifully presented...and greatly appreciated. At dinner I had the recommended Tamworth pork plate.. A wonderful selection of belly, shoulder and chops accompanied by (amongst other things) baby leek, baby swede and beetroot. When I asked the waiter what the green purée was he replied not just that it was a wild garlic purée, but also volunteered to tell me where it had been picked! Now that it quality and we will most certainly be back.

There are newer reviews for Harry's Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is it: the best restaurant in Ireland: that I have ever been to. All in, it is the most charming I have ever been to and the most interesting. They serve you food rather than retail you wholesale. It's a kitchen garden and farmer and fisherman's Co-operation. It is best now with their garden in bloom. Mind-blowing beetroot/rosseta/egg starter. I warned my guests not to have the roast beef and had it myself. The mashed potatoes were prepared in heaven. One imagines giant kitchens with a great wizard doing this:magic.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

what a meal. this spot from start to finish was fantastic! good quality food, well done! this place is like a breath of fresh air! not a chicken escalope are tabbaco onion in site!!!!! Thank goodness.
The staff are great the craft beers are a great idea! quality place to eat. I look forward to the next visit. I could ho on but I think u would be better trying it your self

1  Thank barndog666
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Went to Harry's tonight purely because I seen an advert on Facebook and we had one of the best meals I've had in a long time .i started with the mackerel and then had a rump steak which was amazing and all their food is locally produced which is fantastic and the staff have time for everyone led by Donal who makes a point of going round every table to make sure everyone is well catered for . Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Harry's is an excellent restaurant . I have eaten here several times when on business in Derry. Service is exceptional with care taken at every stage. You are definately treated like royalty which is rare to find. Prices are very reasonable - €7 soup, sandwich and salad. All the vegetables are picked fresh that day. The food is local, organic and amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area. I only wish Harry's was in city centre Dublin!