“Base for Cycling Inishowen 100”
Review of Frontier Hotel

and 1 more site!
Frontier Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bridgend
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ten of us decided (foolishly) to cycle the Inishowen 100 and in our search for a Hotel that was on the route, hot too far fro either Letterkenny or derry we came across the Frontier Hotel.Booking was simple and straightforward and we got a selection of single and twin rooms at a very reasonable rate for 2 nights B&B and one evening meal. Down on fri evening, a few drinks early to bed and off on the road for 8 on sat morn. Many hours of pain ensued but we got back to the frontier Hotel , had a shower a bite and a few drinks and had a very pleasant night
The rooms were basic but clean and beds were comfortable, showers fine and everyone slept well. We had a bite on sat night, food was fine but perhaps bring your own wine as there was little selection.We all repaired to the bar where a band played till1230 (if you really want ann early night beware) and we went to the bed
The staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating and the Manager even gave us his mobile no and said he would come out and pick anyone up in case of bike (or human)breakdown which gave us great reassurance (thankfully not needed). We had a very good weekend and cannot thank the staff enough for their helpful attitude but not a place for a romantic weekend away .I even got my reading glasses sent to me in the post after keaving them behind Another plus for the staff!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank eoco
There are newer reviews for Frontier Hotel

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is my third time to stay at this hotel, I was here for the Fleadh in Derry. On arrival I was really impressed that the receptionist remembered us. Everything perfect as I would expect. The staff organized taxis to take us to Derry. The rooms had been refurbished since our last visit. Everything perfect, staff great, great time, only what I expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ela3410
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Arrivived at this hotel with expectation of staying 3 nights bb plus 2 evening meals at a price agreed with owners via email, .I was told it was 3 nights bb plus only 1 evening meal. That however was just the beginning of a very bad experience. Firstly the smoke alarm in room was broken completely" our bedsheet was torn"spare bedlinen was dirty smelt heavely of smoke". The sink had a filthy substance on outside, which remaind there for the duration of our stay,the shower curtain had a pink mould on it."hand towel was badly stained".I did write to owners to point out these matters wereupon we were offered a 3 night bb stay with 2 evening meals.needless to say I would not stay at this establishment again.The money for .this hotel break has been given to me by a charity organisation as respite I requested that money be given back to this charity. I have
informed charity and await reply. I have photo evidence and emails of above.Owner blamed dirty conditions on housekeeper, previous tenents on vandalism on smoke alarm. Outside cleaning co on dirty towels

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cyrussheeba
Frontier H, Owner at Frontier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

In response to the comments listed unfortunately I have to confirm that yes the customer did contact the hotel by letter after her stay and at that time I answered all the grievances stated in the letter. As the owner of the hotel I can state that I do not clean the rooms myself that is what I pay the staff for and can only apologise for their mistakes since then we have had a meeting in relation to this and I have been assured that this will never happen again. Unfortunately this room should have been closed due to alarm on order. We have also been in contact with the laundry services and have been assured that this will not happen again, and the housekeepers are now monitoring daily. Upon receipt of return of the voucher I made a donation to a local charity of my choice. I once again apologise for your bad experience at my hotel, and hope I can assure that this was a one off situation, which could have been addressed at the time had the customer come to reception to make the complaint. This could have easily been resolved by an alternative room been offered.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Good food. Excellent Guinness. Good service. Great location. Playground for kids. Big portion of food. Good price. Steak was delicious. Only I have complain for garlic potato-was homemade chips topped garlic butter.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here as wanted to explore Inishowen and also visit Derry City so this is really handy. Had a room at the front of the hotel but the road is very noisy and the double glazed units do not keep that noise out. The staff are good and friendly but the food in the coffee shop is only average. Good value but not sure if I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any available at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I just pulled over at the frontier, driving for 3 hours. The reason i took the trouble to write this review is because of the staff and the owner. Karen who i think is the owner seved us the food which was cheap but really good. cheap because i payed in sterling -which i think is 20% discount on euro. Karen who is a great young host, took the trouble to talk with us for 15 minutes.

She actually knew some of my relatives, and, gave us pointers on our journey. I am a big one for service, this Frontier Hotel has a genuine personal touch. We stayed over at the Frontier
on the way back to the airport, the double room we had was "grand" as they all say in Donegal. Very good value for money, the frontier and its atmosphere is a little glance of ireland as it used to be...They actually talk and want to help you. Thank you staff at Frontier. if we get back this way again, we will stay over. joseph

Room Tip: the double rooms are excellent i didnt ask to see tge single rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Frontier Hotel is a great option for solo travelers and families. Located just 5 minutes from Derry its an affordable alternative to staying in Derry. The staff are great, the accomodations are clean, spacious, and very comfortable. There is a restaurant and bar onsite meeting all your entertainment needs( even live music every saturday).Food was good, large portions at affordable prices. I was an american female traveling alone and the staff made me feel like family. I really hated to leave. This charming family run hotel was the highlight of my business weekend. Excellent craic as the irish say!!!!!! Definitely a must visit. Is the only place I would stay whenever back in the area. Call the hotel directly for the best rates!!!

Room Tip: Had no issues with noise and i stayed on the first floor which faces the road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgend
Clanree Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford
Inishowen Gateway
Inishowen Gateway
#1 of 4 in Buncrana

Been to Frontier Hotel? Share your experiences!