“Lucky find!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were lucky enough to be staying at the nearby Agriturismo Poggio Aione and were recommended to visit this restaurant, only a short walk away. The reception was warm and friendly and we managed adequately with our little Italian. We were so impressed with the food, some of the best we had in our 3 weeks in Italy that we visited a second time. Good choice of wine also!

Date of visit: July 2014

Reviewed April 19, 2014

La Posta was recommended to us during our visit to Catabbio. We spent a lovely day driving from Florence followed by a relaxing soak in the thermal waters of Saturnia. We were looking forward to dinner. We are Americans with a smidge of Italian and Spanish skills and have spend several weeks in Tuscany previously. A man we presumed was the manager asked in Italian where we were staying and we told him. He said something to the other diners about our host and our hotel and they all started laughing, either at us or our host. The other diners were looking at us and whispering. A little later the same waiter said the name of our host and our hotel and they all laughed again. It was obvious they were making fun of us. I asked the waiter in English why everyone was laughing when he mentioned our host and hotel. He feigned ignorance. This man ruined our dining experience and I would not recommend La Posta to anyone.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My Husband & I, together with our dear friends were staying nearby and we decided to eat out locally. It is a great restaurant, food was lovely -pasta dishes, dessert and coffee too. Great dining experience.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Yum, Sunday lunch. What can I say, just a really nice and wonderful dining experience.The menu is very well rounded and comfortable. Filetto is a must try. They have excellent Tortelli that they make themselves as well. The atmosphere is quiet, and dimly lit, and we emerged from here feeling like we just walked out of a spa treatment. Just a really nice and relaxing experience overall. Absolutely recommended....get involved!

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My group of 10 ate at this Tuscan gem and my only wish is I could experience our meal at least once again in this lifetime! I ordered a Tuscan-known pasta called "Pici" and have been trying ever since to recreate it.....and can't. It is simple, delicious.....simply delicious. Everyone in my group declared their meal 'the best' so no matter what you order, you will not be disappointed. The town of Catabbio is postcard charming and La Posta is the icing on the cake. Make sure to ask for a shot of their homemade limoncello. Delicious. Somehow.....sometime....I WILL be back!

Date of visit: October 2013