“one of the best in Ghana”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Obo
Lake-Point Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Obo B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I come here very often. It is a very nice place to relax, the food is good, the rooms are wonderful. Very good value for money, as its cheaper than most other quality hotels.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Captain_Africa

Reviewed December 15, 2011

It's a bit off the beaten path, but well worth the 40km drive from Kumasi. Beautiful grounds with a lakefront beach, a nice open-air restaurant, and small but quaint chalets. There is no a/c in the chalets, so in the warm season it might be difficult sleeping, but with the fan in November, we had no problems.
The only negative comment I have is that they sold us bottled water that wasn't sealed (the bottle had been refilled). Unfortunately we had already left when we discovered this. That is the reason for the poor "service" score below. Otherwise, the service was good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KWH70
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I'd recommend Lake Point Guest House to anyone staying at Lake Bosumtwe. It's owned by an Austrian/Ghanaian couple who weren't present when I stayed but the staff are extremely welcoming. A double bed chalet costs GHc38 (£15) per night. It has en suite bathroom and is very clean. The only drawback was the lack of hot water for the shower. Breakfast is extra but costs approx GHc7 (£3). Dinner should be ordered in advance but was promptly served at the agreed time and delicious. The bar seemed well stocked but if you are a wine drinker you may want to take your own as there wasn't much in evidence behind the bar - I may be wrong.

If you don't like dogs, the resident Rotty Enewaa could prove a little overpowering. She is very friendly but if you just don't do dogs you might find her a bit too much. She came to check on me at my chalet, walked with me to the lake and played chase but as she's a young dog muddy footprints found their way onto my clothes.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Midlagos
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Lovly in any way. The food, The service, The view of the lake is..... excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Awisoah
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Reading the review of this guesthouse I was a little nervous of meeting Stephen........ He was very charming, by the way. Lovely spot, very well decorated, clean and efficiently run. “4-Star”, who seemed to head the front of house couldn’t be more helpful or accommodating. We had a small to-do with Stephen over leaving a day early, but hey TIA. I prefer Rainbow simply because it is closer to the lake, and has a nicer garden, but they haven’t got the rooms/food/service that this place has.

My recommendation - stay here, eat here, visit Rainbow to swim and drink (and try not to upset Stephen) = a lovely relaxing time had by all!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cliff L
Reviewed December 27, 2009

After the hub-bub of Kumasi and Kororidua we landed in a sacred place of the Ashanti- Lake Bosomtwe. Our stay at Lake Point Guesthouse was perfection. The little circular huts were comfortable with a full working shower. Food was exceptional. As with anywhere in Ghana one has to order food in advance since it is cooked from scratch.Owner-Steve- was the perfect host. He was able at very short notice and great effort to bring a troupe of young dancers/drummers for a night's performance. I would go back there in a heartbeat.We met some very young Dutch couples who work in Kumasi and who travel to Lake Point at weekends. Were able to swim in the lake. Stayed an extra night. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vivadublin
Reviewed December 16, 2009

The place is ok and has a nice ambiance but the owners are worst thing I have ever seen. It took them over 55 minutes to serve us a coffee and when, tired of waiting, we left (without having been served the coffee) the owner came after us, screaming in front of other clients that we will have to pay for it. And he made us pay for it, while he insulted us, screaming that he was going to call the police… Do I need to say more?

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anne_2009Madrid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Obo
Cocoa Village Guesthouse
0 mi away
Kwahu Royal Hotel
Kwahu Royal Hotel
#3 of 3 in Obo

Been to Lake-Point Guesthouse? Share your experiences!